Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting together a sponsorship proposal presentation and I am curious what resources are available. Are there resources available from Rally-America/ NASA? I am curious to see what others have done and what has worked. If you can send what you did on over to me I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Where can I find quantitative facts about the number of TV viewers (OLN/SPEED), registered active members of various websites, and estimates of the number fans at events? I would believe that those elements would be important to potential partners so they can figure out how many eyeballs they will be reaching. I know there are other benefits for the partner but this is a start.

Rob.Amato *A*T* Gmail (DOT) com

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
>Where can I find quantitative facts about the number of TV viewers >(OLN/SPEED)

You cant.

No lies.

Neither organazation has the info, Nasa was more helpfull, and gave me some of what they "thought" though.

The fact of the matter is, is that lots of rally folk still have the old guy's in the woods mentality, or think rallying is un-marketable, or just dont place marketing as a priority.

It is hard to get bucks for the USA without solid Demo's (Not impossible)

Although what I did was mention the total viewers of OLN and Speed, and mentioned that the programs were new, and viewers had not been analyzed yet. You DO NOT want to mislead or lie though. (Worst thing EVAR) and DO NOT use the old SCCA demo's of membership like some people have done (Totally Misleading, and not that cool anyway)

e-mail me, [email protected], I'll send you a copy of my proposal. (Or if you want a hardcopy, stop me at an event) I have gotten alot of positive feedback from it, and worked out some hot new partnerships with some great companies.. But we really need more support from the sanctioning bodies, and the marketing folks to make an effective push for serious sponsorship.

For reference, here is the World Rally Factbook (Their demo's and what not) A nice piece of work for sure.

http://www.wrc.com/staticFiles/ef/7/0,,10111~2031,00.pdf

If your serious about snagging some bux there are some good books on the subject. I bought "The Great Money Hunt" it is UBER UBER outdated, but has some good tidbits, and "The Athletes Guide to Sponsorship" which is kinda focused on Mountain Biking, and doesnt have alot of specific details, but a good beginner book to read. There are a few others too, check your library or Amazon.

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
Sad fact is that in the North American market, companies don't sponsor rally teams -- people sponsor rally teams.

People, as in "people who just happen to own companies and think rallying is a cool thing for their business to align itself with and can afford to try something new and kinda crazy."

Work on developing contacts with business people you know whose business interests line up with rallying, rally people, and/or rally demographics.

Where do ya find that stuff?

Heh, that's where the $$$ chess game starts. Ain't this a great country?

Dave G

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
Another couple books that I found invaluable.

One of the best books I've found on the subject:
Sponsorship Seeker's Toolkit - if you follow this book, you will have an amazing proposal.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...nsors-20/104-4441193-0608746?v=glance&s=books

Another very good read - "Sports Sponsorship and Brand Development
The Subaru and Jaguar Stories". Although not specifically about HOW to get sponsorship, it gives you a great insight into how business of motorsport sponsorship works. THe Subaru part has great info about WHY they got into rallying...info that you can then use to your advantage when approaching other companies. Every rally team who wants to get sponsors should read this book. Heck, it's a good read on it's own.

http://www.palgrave-usa.com/Catalog/product.aspx?isbn=0333925408

Forgot to mention that this isn't a bad resource either. Join for the $6 and download everything the first month and then cancel. They don't post anything new anyways. They have some good white papers and articles about the business.
http://hpm-inc.com/

·
Registered
724 Posts
IF you trully want to be effective have a professional marketing firm do it, that is if you want any significant sponsorship, that is what Vermont does, that is what yo udo if you want to get money. Good Luck I wish you the best.

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Try contacting that m360 place that RA hired. I asked them last december (or so) about something similar and they said they were working on it. So maybe if you ask they may have something available.

·
L3> over crest, drops!
647 Posts
>Funny you should mention that... in fact I was talking with
>someone about YOU just this afternoon.
>
>I'm VERY excited about Pregrid.
>
>Scott
>-------

Hopefully good things...:)
See ya next weekend!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.