Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I don't want to open a huge can of worms here but it seems to me that speed factor should not be calculated at an event where you are the only car in class and are clearly going for just a finish. I'm working on an official query to the SCCA brass, but I thought I'd gather some ideas here, just in case I am (as usual) totally out of line.

John Elkin
"Don't go where the road don't go."- Ringo Starr

<edit: correct typo>

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Class wins mean different things to different people. Unless they are going to get one of the cool art trophies of LOL club events. Those things rock and are loved by all.

It will be next to impossible to make a number that will be so good that we don't even have to run the races to pick a winner. I feel that the method of dropping the fast and the slow and averaging the rest to come up with a speedfactor is about the best we can do to present usefull, unbiased data. It is then up to the organizer to make decisions based on that data and what they know about the rally and it's competitors.

I strongly feel that the more we mess with the method outlined above, the less it will tell us. The organizers know their events and their competitors better than the national office.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts