Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speed Factors updated after the 2004 Sno*Drift rally are now posted on the Rally America site.

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Speed Factors updated after the 2004 Sno*Drift rally are now
>posted on the Rally America site.

What a mess. Did you look them over?

Two things.

1) Without Mr Higgins, Sno*Drift speed factors are higher for each driver that attended. Its a legitimate speed factor based on the math and the type of event, but the drivers that didn't run have a speed factor that is low in the new world without the manufacturers.

2) The competitors that didn't run Sno*Drift's numbers seem to have dropped about 25-30%. I'm now a .49. Mad Mike is a .58. Paul Eklund is a .73, I image he's about .90+ in real life without manufacturers. I'm slow, but not that slow.

Have fun at Oregon Trail (That means you Ben). A Sno*Drift speed factor blended with a speed factor from last year is an apple and an orange. It might be worth adding about .05 (I'm sure you could see how much 5-8 drivers increased and figure out some kind of average)to each competitor that didn't run sno*drift using their correct speed factor.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
With all due respect, Al, I think either you need to check your math, or we need to start from scratch. Or something. Look at the ranked order. I can tell you that you will have a lot of unsafe passing from the likes of me the first time we enter a rally.

.86 to .71. By the time I run another rally (STPR?) I should be last car on road.

Eric Burmeister

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
This is quite funny.
I had to print it out before it gets fixed. I'm rated ahead of Buffum (and Milner - and a hundred other fast guys)!
I'll enjoy it for a little while - it obviously is not going to work in the long run...

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Registered
907 Posts
Looks like a mess and you might have to throw the factors out for the next couple of events when doing the start orders. I figure after Maine it should be back on track.

I think we need to take a much closer look at the formula. The factors are good in concenpt, but there are way too many variables that are not taken into account in the current formula.

I am sure there are plenty of math majors out there that can come up with some ideas.

-george

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know if you find anythng wrong with your speed factor.
I did them mostly by hand. The previous problem was a cut'n paste
issue on my part.

I posted under Sno*Drift's Stage scores the Event Speed Factors
showing each stages speed factor and the resulting speed factor for the event.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts