Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I have a couple of friends that have mentioned going to LSPR. I haven't spectated a rally since the changes regarding spectating.

How many spectator points does LSPR usally have and how many cars can you watch at each one.

We are coming from the Kalamazoo, Mi area and before we get motel rooms etc. I want to make sure I don't take them up there for 3 spectator points.

Also how close was LSPR letting you get, and were all the points simply 90 degree junctions?

Thanks for the help

from the right seat
dave mulder

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Yeah, come up and be a marshal! Maybe you'll get to see me go by. They always need more workers. And marshalling is the best way to get a front row seat to the action. It is kinda bad though, cause you may end up like me. Marshalling made me want to buy a rally car, buying a car made me have no money. But its worth it! :p Yeah, anyways come up and help out. I'm not sure if the website is online yet for this year, but you can probably register to work online if you want. You get all sorts of free lspr goodies too!

[hr]
[a href="http://myweb.nmu.edu/~cseidel"]Die Fliegen Legion[/a] bzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've worked the last 2 LSPR's, and will be running this one.

I have no spectating experience, but I can't imagine it being any better than marshalling, especially if you have a friend to marshall with. I've worked finish controls at the last 2, and while they were fun, marshalling was much better.

On the other hand, I drove past the deleware spectator spot, and it looked pretty cool.

Jay
#583 G5
www.step2racing.com

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
There are, at last count, 4 official spectator points. This does not include service locations of which there are 2, plus the 2 Parc Expose' locations. Now that you ask, you will hear the following comment repeated a multitude of times: if you really want a great spectating spot, sign up to Marshall the event. Bringing friends? Ask to marshall the same locations together. One point which is becoming ever more popular is at Deleware on Saturday. We will need ALOT of spectator help there. Besides, the 'Delta' makes the trip worth it. Another choice might be to 'shadow' someone. Want to learn start/finish controls? Shadow someone and learn how. Start puts you up close and personal but does not have the 'holy cow' effect that finish does. Having lived in Kalamazoo, trust me, the trip is worth it. Dress for everything from 70 degree days to 32 degree nights, rain, snow, whatever. Come on up and join us out in the woods for two very exciting days of Pro Rally at it's best. After all, we are the 'Oldest, meanest, toughest' Pro Rally there is.
Sue Martens
Registrar,Lake Superior Pro Rally
Registration, Timing and Scoring, Solo 2 Events
Secretary, Lake Superior Region

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Dave, I know you have a few decades of working, competing, etc., behind you, so I'm assuming you are interested specifically in spectating. There are only 4 spectator spots, but some (like Delaware) are available twice. If you go, you'll probably not have a surplus of time on your hands, part of this being because it takes a little longer to get into and out of spectator locations than it used to. Take the plunge and go. I think you'll get to see enough to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So far there are 5 spectator points on Friday and 4 on Saturday.
Friday has three points on the earlier stages each run twice. You will have to pick one you can't see them all. There will be one on each of the late running stages, and again it's one or the other.
Two of the Saturday spectator spots are on Delaware with easy access to the highway. The other two will be in the stage so if you choose to spectate them you are stuck for the complete run of the stage.
More information will be available as we get closer.

Kevin DeLoughary
RallyMaster 2004 LSPR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts