Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just got info from Pou today that spectators would only be allowed to see the spectator stages in the city, none in the forests because they can't plow the access roads. Is this true? I was thinking of coming up this year just to see it, but if that's the case, then I guess it wouldn't be worth it to come :'(

Anyone here have more information?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 2 roads near St-Raymond that were spectator stages probably won't be there this year..

It's hard to have access to these roads when you close them for a longer period of time (more cars) and have hundreds of people walking on people yards, climbing trees, climbing fences, etc..

I won't go into detail yet has the schedule is not finalize but spectator stages will mst probably be concentrated around Quebec City.

Pou

·
Registered
62 Posts
John, I contacted the organizer and will have this info soon.

I'll let you know here.

The big guidelines that I know out of head is the following:
Wednesday Feb 26: Paperwork, etc..
Thursday Feb 27: Recce for national and international (all day)
Friday Feb 28: Tech inspection, press stage
Saturday March 1: Day one (national, international, regional)
Sunday March 2: Day two (national, internation)

Has soon has I have the real schedule, I'll let you all know.

Pou

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Pou,

Don't mean to burden you with too many questions, but do you (or does anyone else) know whether stage notes will be available? With one day of recce I guess you could assume that was the case, but I want to make sure.

Also, I hear the price for entry has increased - anyone have any details?

Thanks,

Robin

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will pass the question to a higher authority to make sure I don't say anything I'm not suppose to but here are my understandings, so thake them with a lighter side for now....

But from my understanding, no pre-prepared paces notes will be available, only the plain old route books. the recce day will be one heck of a day. Better be prepared and not too tired.. Early arrival and registration on wednesday and a good night sleep will be important!!

For the entry fee, the national/international fee has gone up (to near 1000$). From what I know, insurance for international events (Charlevoix and Quebec) are not dealt by CARS so the event must deal them by themselves.. Regional will be priced much lower (somewhere around 500). Those prices are not sealed and I don't have the exact information yet...

Pou

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok guys, I got the info for the registration.

It will be 750$ for national and international and 450$ for regional. And remember that's in Canadian pesos!

For you competitors, this year, we'll have some new forest stages that are used for the first time (one stage of more than 35km) on fantastic roads.. But no spectators allowed in this remote area.

New centralized service area, big show all weekend, etc..

Pou

·
Start Flat 30k Finish
366 Posts
Hey Alex,

You should come anyway, and besides, it is going to be so freakin' cold you wouldn't want to be that far from the city (and a place to get warm) anyway.

...you've never seen a real rally until you've been to Quebec!

Come wearing your orange!

Andrew Havas
http://www.havspeed.com

·
Registered
555 Posts
While I know that organizing a rally of this magnitude is very, very difficult, I can't help but be disappointed that There will be NO access at all to the forest stages. I mean, surely there are is at least one road that runs into a stage road where there could be a spectator...It's really not worth a 8 hour trip from Guelph to spectate 4 stages. Besides, think of how crowded those stages will be!! I went to Quebec in 2000 and Parc Techno was a zoo then, think of what it will be now! Like I said, I know it is hard to accomadate everyone sometimes, but surely something more could have been done. Anyways, I think I will go to the ANDROS Ice racing in sherbrooke that weekend instead...Seems like more bang for the buck.

Ok, i'm done complaining now...

·
Open AWD Extraordinaire!
1,216 Posts
Morgan,

I'd check with the organizers on that one. Seems to me that they'd allow the media back there, but you might have to take a snowmobile! ;)

Assuming you sign the "If-you-die-it's-not-our-fault" waiver, you'd be set (and you have your credentials). Check out the general regs on the site, and there's some mention of when the media booth is open at the gallerie.

-Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts