Visits
Visits 100,891
Average per Day 3,363
Average Visit Length 00:12:44

Visitors
Unique Visitors 15,132
Visitors Who Visited Once 10,616
Visitors Who Visited More Than Once 4,516

We are working on a new look and some new features to relase soon. (So far all in concept)

-george

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would bet that if you got a better forums program those numbers would double.

Prepare an opt-in email newsletter once/month those numbers would double again.

Just some thoughts for you to ponder when discussing your new site.

Thanks being being here!

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
We are planning to switch to the php-based version of this same forum (updated as well). We could switch to another one, but we would have to start from scratch. With this one we can transfer over the users and threads.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some good ideas there.

We just have to keep in mind that all of us do this in our spare time. So the site has to be very automated and self sustained to minimize our daily involvement. I hope we can grow it to justify having someone man the site/content full time.

-george

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i too appreciate all you do. i like the format the way it is though i find it very easy to follow. i especiallylike how i can respond directly to an earlier post in a thread and not have it at the bottom of the pile. those appear to be some pretty impressive #'s.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I agree entirely with the threading model. If I come to a thread late, but still wan't to reply to the original post (we all know how much topic drift there is!) I can!

JBLewis

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey guys, at ~6M page-views/mo. you really should consider getting Google's AdSense up and running on Specialstage.com. There's plenty of whitespace here in which to put relevant text ads -- and it really does work.

Disclosure: I work for Google. I'm trying to sell anything here; I just want to see this site stable & well-funded & I think AdSense can help.

Here's the AdSense homepage:
https://www.google.com/adsense/

You might want to read this review of the service, from Tim Bray (the inventor of XML, for the non-geeks in the audience):
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/31/OneMonthOfAdsense

Summary: Free money. To paraphrase one of his many insights: if you structure your site such that AdSense can target highly-specific ads to pages with cohesive content, people *do* click-through on the ads.

What's even better is that they buy stuff. Not because they got suckered into clicking on some pop-up or blinky banner, but because the AdSense ads are relevent to the content on the page. Thus: useful, if you're feeling shoppy. Which is obviously not all the time, but if one or two of us clicks on an ad and buys a jack, or some tires, or a new firesuit or a magazine or something... SpecialStage can get paid. We buy these things anyway, right -- so why leave free money on the table?

Anyway, check out this thingee if you want to see what ads AdSense *might* run on a particular page.

[link]http://google.blogspace.com/archives/000984[/link]

Note: Now that's a hack & not affiliated with or supported by Google in any way yadayadayada. It works sometimes, not others. If you see ads for charities, it's not working.

-Isaac

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for the note and suggestion

We have been discussing that topic for sometime, so far. To date, we have tired to focus both our energy and our directions on the rally community.

So, we offer advertising to our rally friends in the community at a very discounted price compared to print or other medium. But like all good things, if someday we can't afford to pay the bills to keep this site up and runnning, then we will turn to an outside service such as Google advertising revenue.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and if anyone wants to advertise with us, send an email to Sales (at) specialstage.com

Thanks again
Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com
The North American Rally Resource

1 - 12 of 12 Posts