Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to the Perce-Neige and how are we going to find each other?

Any ideas - secret handshakes, special greetings, or how about just yelling "anyone here from SpecialStage?" when we see a bunch of people together?

I will be there on Friday (for scrutineering, shakedown stage, reception, beer drinking, rally stories/lies, etc.) and on Saturday (for spectating).

I would also really like to meet some of the people from the French GuideAuto Forum.

Doug Woods

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
I'll be there codriving for Jon Nichols. New car, different class, still sideways.

Started 29th at PerceNeige 2002, finished on the podium(thanks to ACP)

Dave Shindle

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Similar results to me last year! (thanks to DS).

I'll be there. New paint. New sponsors. Some new stuff inside including yet another codriver - local guy named Terry Fide. Possibly new (old) truck. Driving to finish like last year, but for different reasons...

ACP
www.musketeerracing.com
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
280 Posts
we will be there...
mostlikely doing the national...

the only thing that worrys me is the podium start...:+ :+ :+ :+ :+
i have been training my podium exit since the tall pine...so..dont worry...we should survive this one.. LOL!!!!!

Ont va lavoire notre permis d'bières !!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I will be there and I am so thrill. Finally will have opportunities to shake hands with many ?virtual rally friends? I would not be able to be there if they would not be before me.

I am hoping videotape the action and maybe?we can send Pat some clips through satellite? I may ask TV2GO and borrow the dish for this ;-)
We should wish him good luck and bit my Polish brothers in N class.

Look for me around rally car with Alberta plate YLD 945.

Jerry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Casey and I will be there in the Galant, driving to finish like ACP, only slower. We had a great time last year, and although Sandblast in S.C., USA is the same weekend we opted instead to get walloped by the Canadians, who are incredibly speedy on ice & snow. See you there!

Ward Ogden

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be there co-driving for Janusz Komorowski.

Expecting to finish! Podium ? It could be a busy place up there.
I'll be the one lurking around letting the air out of everyone tires before the start of Section C.

As far as ID ing members. Just find one. They can introduce you to another and so on. Its the beauty of raveling a thread. Or do you sew a thread? Maybe stich a thread! Any way.

If any of you'se guys or gals are driving through Ottawa on friday, hou'se about a lift?

I can be entertaining even without beer, and I'll be happy to spring for some essance. :) Mal Swann

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be servicing for Scott Commens & Sandy Hygate. Frank deKat should be along as well.

Doug - you probably don't know me but perhaps know some of my friends who rallied in the 60's and 70's

Do names like Don Leonard, Bruce and Betty Schmitt, and Dave Sheppard mean anything to you? They were all members of the Thames Vally Sports Car Club in the WORAC days. Ran the Shell 4000 and things like that. Perhaps this belongs in "tales from the past" forum.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
>Doug - you probably don't know me but perhaps know some of
>my friends who rallied in the 60's and 70's
>
>Do names like Don Leonard, Bruce and Betty Schmitt, and Dave
>Sheppard mean anything to you? They were all members of the
>Thames Vally Sports Car Club in the WORAC days. Ran the
>Shell 4000 and things like that. Perhaps this belongs in
>"tales from the past" forum.

Martin:

I know Bruce and Betty Schmitt very well. They were Canadian Rally Champions in 1969 and are two of the nicest people I ever met in rallying.

Doug Woods

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
So what does that mean for the Rocky Mountain Rally in May?

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
I was just trying to make a joke abot the conditions at Rocky in 2002 ;-)

... but it seems a shame that you'd bring the car out for Bighorn and miss the 30th anniversary Rocky just one week later ...

Keith

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some interesting information that has been posed on the French rally forum in Quebec about entries on Perce-Neige:

Neither McGeer or Richard (in Sweden) will be there. Nichols in a Toyota. Jean-Paul Perusse in the Lachute Subaru.

Doug Woods

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>Some interesting information that has been posed on the
>French rally forum in Quebec about entries on Perce-Neige:

Some is information, other is speculation. Sure wish they would update the entry list on the webpage so we'd all know.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well, my wife gave birth to our second baby a week before we anticipated, so my registration went in the mail today.

Jeremy & I will be in the black P3 NX2000 - only slightly worse for wear from Tall Pines. Serviced by an ominous-looking black E350 Diesel van with dark tinted windows.

Robin Fleguel

·
Registered
26 Posts
>Some is information, other is speculation. Sure wish they
>would update the entry list on the webpage so we'd all know.

Yup, I agree.... It's slow to update their site..... I'll be there too. I'm crewing for ACP.

Robin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts