Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my hairbrained idea of the week. stimulated by the OFPR thread. it something to discuss. get the mind moving.

should spectators pre-register for spots?

would be free but you can register beforehand online/phone or at the HQ.

then we could limit the number of spectators at each spot and then offer more spots.

scenario:

say there is room for 50 people at a prime point. have 25 or so spots available for preregistration online or by phone. give them a confrimation number and then give this list to the marshall. the rest of the "spots" at the speccie point are on a first come first get basis.

the problem is what to do with overflow.

this could and probably would be a logistical nightmare. but hey im trying. no ideas mean no solution. this may even be a terrible idea im on the fence on it myself and its my idea.

each rally should have a team dedicated to only dealing with spectators that works in conjuction w/the rally master. im sure most rallies allready have this to some extent but usually it is done by someone who has five other jobs to deal w/that weekend and the weeks leading up to the rally. this person/team should only deal w/spectators and spectator points.

at OFPR a couple years ago i acted as an impromptu spectator guide. i had alot of people ask me where to go after spectating at the ranch the first year. so what i did was offer to have people follow me around. most cars had FSR radios so we tuned in to one another and i talked with every one and told them exactly where they were going handed out some extra maps and made sure they all knew exatly what time to move on out. we even managed to get a bathroom/snack stop on the way.

well we got to our spot w/plenty of time. made sure people knew how to park to move on and that everyone could get out if the needed to. and a great time was had by all.

of course this all boils down to more quality volunteers as the key to the solution.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Doesn't Rally GB have spectators use armbands?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Philip J. Boer
grinner323(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

is that your sig or part of your message?

·
Registered
374 Posts
it flipped on my sig for some reason

Philip J. Boer

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok makes sense now was a bit confused for a moment.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is a Cordelia Chase quote... from Buffy :p yes I am a geek.

Philip J. Boer

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Doesn't Rally GB have spectators use armbands?

I went to Rally GB last year. As I recall they gave you "tickets" on cards with strings to hang around your neck, upon which was printed the location(s) for which the ticket was valid. There were car windshield stickers to designate your parking area.

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts