Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked my Focus outside my house across the street last Fri night.Wife hears loud crash about 0200hrs. Looks down at the street, sees nothing. I go down about 0730hrs to leave for Palmdale (see it is rally related!) and see debris all over the street with my car sticking out from the kerb at a funny angle. Hit and run! Called insurance company and made a police report. Got a flatbed on Mon to take it to a bodyshop. Adjuster inspected car yesterday. Stopped counting when he reached $7,000! Two vehicles written off within 50ft of each other, same street, same side. What else can go wrong?

·
slow is slow....
792 Posts
That sounds familiar!!

Last November, my tow vehicle was parked in front of my house, which also happens to the "westside" autobahn...aka Bundy Drive, and was smacked at 2:30 in the morning. I heard the alarm go off and knew immediately what happened. The truck was two houses down, halfway on the sidewalk.

Luckily for me, the driver was in a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer and she completely ripped the right front wheel off?.she couldn?t run. Turned out to be drunk as a skunk and got arrested (it only took the LAPD 2 hours to arrive!!).

On a RIM note?On Wednesday night prior to RIM, I was about to hook the truck up to my enclosed trailer and the tranny went out!! U-haul it was?when it rains, it pours?.

Andrew Sutherland
UniversalRally.com

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only pics are small Polaroids. Not much to see bodywise. Driver's side front spoiler hanging, fog light broken, but the fender was pushed back making a seamless line with the driver's door. Hood bent, but the main damage was under the skin. Radiator and bracket pushed back about 3", both fans pushed back. Engine sounded like a dog (sorry Dog) and I think the tranny may have taken a beating. It was parked in 1st gear but the impact pushed the car back about 3ft, damaging the rear wheel as it hit the kerb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts