Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best website currently to get dates and locations for all the pro and club rallies in the US? Does any website use a map where I can click a region and find the nearest events?

I have a buddy in Virginia that is interested in spectating a rally near him, and I'm not positive what is the best place to go to find the events.

Thanks! :)

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
The Rise and Fall of NEDIv

Except for having an abundance of competitors, NEDiv blows.

Once upon a time ago, before New World Order took over, NEDiv had 4 dual entry events associated with STPR and Maine Forest which featured 120 car starting list plus a waiting list. The ClubRally starting positions in these events were sold out to the needs of the NWO and the division's Club members were left with no place to play with their already paid for inflated ClubRally licenses.

Now, the division with the greatest # of ClubRally license holders have to travel to far off places spending more than amatuer budgets allow on gas and hotels and ProRally equivalant leave from work, get no in division opportunity to use stage notes, no publicity, promotion or recognition that a ProRally dual entry event brings, no ClubRally Contingency Program opportunities, no homefield advantage when we join the ProRally ranks, limited opportunity to gain driver's seeding points and are forced to compete in sub-standard Rallyspints and ClubRallies or pay ProRally entry fees to enter STPR or Maine although they are not ProRally caliber teams or border-hop to Canada where are entries are appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
RE: The Rise and Fall of NEDIv

I was told at the NorPac division convention in January that NorPac was the division with the most rally license holders, at 40% of the total for the country. Was John Forespring exaggerating? Just curious.

All that said, I think it's a crying shame that y'all in the NE don't have any place for Club competitors to play without getting a pro license and all that rigamarole. Granted, I've been told that the population density is somewhat different in that area of the country, and that roads are not that easy to find, but c'mon, what's the deal? :)

KT

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
RE: The Rise and Fall of NEDIv

"On a lighter note" . . . pardon me while I preach . . .

Dave (Lancia), I totally see what you are talking about with
STPR and Maine . . . it is "not good".

I don't know how (or if) the organizers of those events could
do the same thing that RIM is doing, but they should !!!
To me, the RIM solution is the BEST for both the SCCA and the
local competitors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.