Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
What I don't get is the threads have like 40-50 views. I did go in and click the "report" button (the caution triangle) on some of them. If everyone else was doing that... surely the thread would auto-disappear after like 10 flags?

It's annoying that you can only report one of those each 60 seconds. For a couple times I would wait, and report both, then I felt like it was a time waste, so I did just one... now I do none.

Anders

·
Mostly TSD Weenie
181 Posts
Yeah, I was reporting as well, but nobody seemed concerned, no action was taken and an email to admins went unanswered. So I just quit worrying.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ya i definitely have seen a petty big uptick on the spam as well. :(

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I've been trying my best to delete them when I see the spam. I have admin powers, so does Piers. I have tried contacting the people in charge (autoguide) but they don't seem to be concerned. Most of the spam does seem to end up in Off Topic.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Where do our spam reports go ?

You know-

I just received a personal email from Ben Bradley, responding to my turning in one of those spammers. He says that he has had nothing to do with SS for over 2 years and that he has no access privileges any more.

So, are our complaints getting to John & Piers?

And, yes - THANK YOU ADMINS !!!

press on,

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
thanks Admins!

also where's the mark as flag / button ? i'm probably blind but maybe i don't just get special vote as spam powers

·
R4Vlg>TREE
231 Posts
Unfortunately, it'll be a losing battle if nobody has control of the site to update the captchas or something similar. Seeing the uptick just means that they've adopted a release which defeats the current stuff here, not much else can be done.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
thanks for the info Anders.

and Grant the black flag sends an email to an admin who can then delete the thread. but ya , they need a captcha update ... doh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts