Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else is going from 'round these parts? competitors or otherwise? Who needs help/assistance to make it? (not saying I personally can help out, but at least this way there will be one thread for it :))

·
Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,805 Posts
I'd love to go, it sounds like there will be great competition and fun. But if it's going to cost (in dollars and days) what two regional events cost me, I can't justify it. I need seat time more than anything right now.

·
stylin' and profilin'...WOOOO!
Dodge Neon SRT4
427 Posts
I can't do Idaho, sorry guys.

·
Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,805 Posts
The roads at WV were great, but the delays and missed stages were not so great.

Is there any chance of a Mahnomen based two day regional this year? I'd really like to get back to MN roads.

Maybe we should invade STPR and make it a Central G2 event. I could do STPR and Ojibwe for the time & tow costs of Idaho.

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
We intend to go to Idaho. There is no plan for a Mahnomen based two day regional this year. The entry levels did not justify this event for too many years in a row. However, there is a plan for THREE Nemadji one day events.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Maybe we should invade STPR and make it a Central G2 event. I could do STPR and Ojibwe for the time & tow costs of Idaho.
My gut feeling from running STPR once, and crewing another time (take it with a grain of salt obviously) is that it's a higher speed horsepowery event.

It may have changed. The event also has had historical issues with revelry that may not be compatible with the post-event goals of many participants.

My personal attendance at Ojibwe has been poor the last couple of years; I could stand to try to make it up this year. The post-X under-subscription is nearly criminal and the event could use a little boost.

·
drive. I say where we go, ok?
1,069 Posts
I highly suggest doing the Idaho Rally. Those roads are sweet, and it is well worth the money to get out there and race....
Hey, Jens is advertising that maybe Armin Schwartz will be there.

·
drive. I say where we go, ok?
1,069 Posts
Hi Alex,
He is going to be there. He will drive Brian Scotts Subaru. Sorry couldn't find him a Scoda ;)
I hope its not going to be his STi... Let me put it this way--- I think it was Keith Morison that said "tomorrow the New York Yankees will be hosting the AA little league inner-city league champions." That being said, I think he should be in Brian Scotts Subaru, which is running on 3 cylinders, and a 26 mm restrictor... Either that or a Subaru Brat.

Wait-- Ben... your moving to California?????

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Everything about the Idaho Rally makes it worth running!

DO THIS EVENT IF YOU CAN!

As long as they keep the restrictor in the car it will at least be a good benchmark.
(although too bad that means Brian won't likely be there.)

or

When you loose to the NY Yankees you can still be proud of any runs you managed to score.

·
Surrender the Booty.
2,149 Posts
I hope its not going to be his STi... Let me put it this way--- I think it was Keith Morison that said "tomorrow the New York Yankees will be hosting the AA little league inner-city league champions." That being said, I think he should be in Brian Scotts Subaru, which is running on 3 cylinders, and a 26 mm restrictor... Either that or a Subaru Brat.

Wait-- Ben... your moving to California?????
Yes, I'm moving to California for a few years. The economy here is gone and I'm graduating community college in May. I've got a chance to live in Monterey with my brother and go to school at Cal State Monterey, so I'm jumping on it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.