Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did subaru have parts at Snow Drift? If so what and how much? Did the have parts for GC8 cars? Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Parts were there. As to how much or if the had parts for your car I do not know.

Call Clint Fast at Vermont Sports Car he is incharge of all the parts in the niffty blue truck.

Bob Wall

Vermont Sports Car 1-802-655-3533

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Okay, so it was at Sno*Drift and at Snow Drift. But what was it like? There's gotta be people on here that checked it out, even if they didn't use it!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
From an organizer stand point I was disappointed the Subaru parts truck was just a service vehicle.

Hey put the Da#$ promotion hat back on and get the truck parked someplace where it can be seen!!

In addition to selling to Rallyists the truck could be promoting all kinds of Sube accessories...

I realize not all Rallies will have primo space to offer sponsors, but both in Lewiston and in Atlanta Sno*Drift would be happy to arrange to have your "promotional" tent/truck up front where fans can easily see it and if you would like walk up/thru...

Anybody need a Rally guy with a Marketing mind?

Mike

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The truck appears to be run by Vermont Sportscar. It was the same Mitsubishi Fuso truck that served as Higgens' service truck last year. It still had "Higgens" above the rear door and was parked next to the other one (still in Mitsubishi red) with "O'Sullivan" accross the back.

As for the parts program or the contents of the truck, I can't say. I don't drive Subarus. It did look nice, though.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Subaru's manner of involvement for the year seems to have been established fairly late in the game. They did well to provide the promised support for Sno*Drift. I suspect the level of appearance and manner of presentation will improve by Oregon.

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
I needed a snap ring for a rear axle, and he had plenty of axles, but no snap rings! Instead he tried to get the old one I had on me back into shape. The guys were very helpful, but the feeling was more of them being a friendly, knowlegeable competitor service crew who had a ton of parts they were willing to sell. They were more representatives of VT Sports Car than of Subaru...

I did hear them say "let's park where people can see it," but they ended up in the back.

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts