Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across and old mention of CircuitRally, then went to SCCA.org to take a look. I couldn't find any results or schedules, so I was wondering if any of these had taken place?

Cheers,
Anders

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Nothing yet. We talked about having a Volvo series at our practice facility here but buying cars while maintaining our own is more work and money than most of us want to spend. Though who knows what the SCCA would think of our rules.
Rule 7: All cars must have stock seat and a restraints. The exception to this rule is Aaron McConnell must drive on a milk crate held in with extension cords.

That and the dust would make it a little crazy at times.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
RE: CircuitRally?

Anders,
The Central New York Ice Racers paid for insurance but never had ice, so they are going ahead with some rallyXs to get some income (not to be held on a lake).
There has been discussion about running competitive wheel-to-wheel races too but that is not certain at this time.
This is not SCCA.
rz

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts

Anders--

There has been a Circuit Rally style event at Challenge Sur Glace in Quebec the past 2 years. Great racing on a tight road course, big hard bankings, door to door racing, huge crowds, TV coverage, etc etc. Basically exactly what Circuit Rally is/was supposed to be.

Only one problem, tho...SCCA was nowhere to be seen.

Dave G

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts

From the Vol.62 #2 recruitment edition of New England Region's PIT TALK,

"...For 2006, NER/SCCA is hoping to have at least 1 Rallysprint event, possibly more. For more information on Rallysprint and Circuit Rally, please contact Ted Goddard,...(email/phone#)"

rz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts