Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a So Cal Local, Close to LA, and was hoping to inquire if there was any place that perhaps you rally drivers meet at on the weekends? Im new to the rally scene, and am very eager to get into the local atmosphere of the sport. Now many of you will just to say, "Just attend an event and work it". Well, iv signed up to work any, and all, events that are close to me, Im just wanting to see what I can NOW. A few years ago, I was into the street cars, and tuner imports, drooling over lil civics with body kits. On the weekends, there would always be big parking lot gatherings in Camarillo/Oxnard and other parts of Ventura. My big things was always, and still is, filming; Its my college major. :D So, I would always film these meets. Check out one of my old videos of the meets, IM SORRY FOR THE MUSIC!!! IT WAS HIP AT THE TIME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3xdkiO4eA

ANYWAY, Im main questions are these:
Do you guys ever meet up on weekends to show off rides, hang out, talk rally talk, whatever. I realize that events are the keystone to getting the rally community together, but im just looking for that little bit more. My other question was, how do you guys practice? I know this may sound kind of foolish to ask, but Im just curious as to if there are any lil 'always open' rally course somewhere in the desert of CA, or something. I realize that the best learning chances are in Rally schools, and in events themselves. Well Im waiting to attend a local Rally School by Widget Co-Driver, and work Desert Storm. Im just looking for that little something MORE. If the best advice I get is to make friends with someone who has a TON of open land, then damn, ok. I do know ppl with a lot of desert land, just a lil funny to ask ppl to practice racing on their property, lol. Well thanks for reading and I hope to meet up with some of you soon, weather that be at Dessert Storm, or maybe some at some parking lot. Whatever the case may be, GLAD TO BE PART OF THE SPORT!!

Scott

·
<catchy rally phrase>
1,261 Posts
yeah, its called www.dirtyimpreza.com

:)

and hopefully Leon Styles will start holding regular events at his new venue as well....right now 'meets' are spurratic.

·
Kevin Welker
479 Posts
Most of us are too busy with other things going on in our lives to setup and go to meets, often rallys are even tight to schedule around "real life". Practice is another thing entirely, it is typically not spoken about in public as spots are kept very quiet so that they do not become too popular and attract unwanted attention. But yes, the desert is good, Cal City is good. Ask people in person and you'll get better answers than you will on the internet where nothing is private.

RallyXs will be your best bet as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts