Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
It was good. I like how they showcased a personality/team.

Wierd how they felt they had to use Canadien footage (from Baie) to spice things up on the intro though. But I doubt the casual observer noticed.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, don't feel TOO bad, I just happened across it myself!
Sat on the couch, pulled up the on-screen TV Guide (THANK YOU Charter...), and noticed it when I was looking at SPEED Channel...
Needless to say, I wasn't gonna watch SPEED.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I know they have only so much time, but it would have been nice to have covered the other classes. They did show some of the cars, but no mention that they are running in their own class.
Saw that 595 car twice--it pays to have the prettiest Sube out there even though it wasn't in the top 5.
Noticed Utecht still had his SCCA patch on the suit :eek:
Still was a good show and I'll be watching them all.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It was nice to see some US rally, but it was the same old crap.....
Just like the SCCA program..... I thought they talked about class battles and this and that..... They only just mention the other classes ..........So tune in next time to see Pats, Stigs and Travis's cars and thats it... I didnt expect to get air time cuz I suck and stuffed it twice that day, but dang only one group 5 car and the rest was a few subies.....

Regards
LP

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Well, they've got about 23 minutes to 1. Explain the sport; 2. Tell a story; 3. Get the viewer revved up; and 4. Market the whole thing to the general American (used to be NASCAR.....now it's bicycling, mountain climbing GenXers) public.

Even some of the Subie footage (and there was quite a bit, wasn't there) seemed a little uninspiring on glare ice. I'm not sure JB's all that happy with the Pastrana footage from Cog getting in there, but it definitely IS EXCITING....and even Travis thought so!

GREAT JOB....better than it's ever been. Hope the next shows build off of this.

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>StudBug had a few glorious
>momments to, yeah Mad Mike!!

Jeesh, who da thunk it?

I figure the closest thing to glorious regarding our team at SNO*DRIFT was the solid job of note calling accomplished by Kala Rounds - and I'm sure none of that made it to the show.

"slip-slidin' away ..."

Halley ...
BBBBB (Bring Back Big Bend Bash)
http://www.realautosport.com

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>I figure the closest thing to glorious regarding our team at
>SNO*DRIFT was the solid job of note calling accomplished by
>Kala Rounds - and I'm sure none of that made it to the show.
>

No way! You managed a glorious bit of modern rally anarchy by stuffing your car at a spectator area, therefore enticing multiple spectators to jump the banner tape and run onto the road in order to push you out. Bravo, way to stick it to the man and his draconian spectator rules! If I was Jake, I'd give you a pasty for that.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Inside story...

I figured we'd have to subtitle Whiskers, cuz I can only understand about 1/2 of what he says, but WHO KNEW he was a natural?

Anyway, we're here in Minnesota where EVERYONE has Swedish relatives who talk like Stig, but some of his segments (he appears in every show... hand brake turns at Oregon Trail) are easier to understand than other, so... instead of subtitling some and not others, they chose to subtitle all of them.

Hope you all like the show!

J.B. Niday
Watch Rally America on OLN!

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>No way! You managed a glorious bit of modern rally anarchy by
>stuffing your car at a spectator area, therefore enticing
>multiple spectators to jump the banner tape and run onto the
>road in order to push you out. Bravo, way to stick it to the
>man and his draconian spectator rules! If I was Jake, I'd
>give you a pasty for that.
>
>Dennis

Instincts dictated it was better to smack the bank than mow down the spectators assisting with the REX extraction just beyond my point of impact.

Had I known that was the piece they'd choose to air I could have volunteered in-car of the hit. I still love Kala's comment when she saw no one was readily coming to our aid, "What are spectators for?!?" :7

While I've never met a pasty I didn't like, anyone wishing to donate such should give it to the guys who defied the marshals, gave us a nudge and kept us from getting T-boned by the next car to arrive ...

Halley ...
BBBBB (Bring Back Big Bend Bash)
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 20 of 48 Posts