Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thank you to everyone at SnoDrift this past weekend!!!
From RA crew to organizers and esp. all the workers.
Job Well Done!

Via the Town Hall meeting, knowing more of Rally America's plans will for sure help make everything even better at future events.

Jeff Secor

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Let me echo that. From being on both sides of the fence, working controls on Friday and then co-driving on Saturday, much thanks to the SnoDrift committee and to the RA folks. Everyone seemed to be trying their hardest to make the rally an enjoyable experience and things went smoothly even when the inevitable glitches cropped up.

Special thanks to Bill Westrick for trying his darndest to make our balky finish line timing mechanism work for Stage Seven. A combination of his efforts and an experienced PRIMO stage crew allowed us triple redundancy in ensuring that the proper times were recorded for all competitors.

As always, SnoDrift is a great event. Thanks everybody.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks to Himes-super-fast-towing service for the tug out on SS8...

we had a great time and were excited just to finish...

We owe you some beers or something Jake....

Jeremy Wimpey

Thanks to all the workers and volunteers for putting on a great event..

·
Registered
419 Posts
From one of the now "experienced" PRIMO stage crew members it was a blast to help out. All the drivers/co-drivers were pleasant and having a snapping/popping/farting Subaru or Evo take off at your toes is an experience! That Mazda doesn't sound to bad either.
When I got home, I told my wife that was what I needed to re-energize myself on my winter long Neon build-up. Her response - "Oh SxxT". To top it off- My new rally suspension was waiting for me when I got home too!
Bryan

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
>Thanks to Himes-super-fast-towing service for the tug out on
>SS8...

Yeah...Jake's Towing took care of us once, too. Thanks Jake! And the pasty is for dinner tonight!

Also, thanks to Matt Iorio and Chris Whiteman for the fuel.

Finally, thanks to Sno-drift and Rally America organizers and workers. Good show! EXCELLENT show!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>jeff we skipped the meeting to make a basketball game for our
>10 year old daughters. would there be the possibility of
>getting the secor minutes from the meeting?
>
>maybe off list? [email protected]

Maybe they could be posted, I'm sure a lot of folks would like to see them.

Thanks a ton to all the folks who made this happen. The event ran great and it feels like we are headed in a positive direction once again.

Also my crew and co-driver helped to keep our effort on the road the whole day Saturday. Good deal.

The roads were a blast as usual. The long stage was great and Hungry 5 was as much fun as Brockway as evidenced by the bouts of laughter inside the car. Thanks to the Hungry 5 spectators for a little snowbank assistance.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Me too. THanx S*D workers & organizers! We had a freekin riot.

Special thanx to the cool radio marshal dude on SS12.

MUCH better organization with the pizza this year!
:7

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was a worker at sno-drift and it was my first time being at sno-drift but not my first rally. well any wys i love being a marshal and i love the spots i was at,they were really good cause they were all straight aways and i wanna thank sno-drift organizers for putting a great event

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks to the Rally-America crew & all the workers - great job!

Also thanks to Himes & Himes Wrecking for the quick tug (it seems we have some work to do on our tow strap extraction times...), as well as Burmeister Engineering for emergency use of Eric's Mazda-based control arm straightening system.

It was a well-run event - thanks again.

Bob

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That was fun. Sorry I didn't align it for you, too.

Still wish your camera was working to catch that double axel I did in in front of you. I think I got a 3 from the Finnish judge.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Norwegian judge gives it a 5 for style points - when the snow cloud cleared you were faced the right direction and still in the road...

Check out how that rca lyra worked - this is a smaller, dumbed down version of the clip for size reasons. (If you watch that far into it about 3/4 of the way through you might also detect the unmistakable sound of a tire getting pushed clear into the back of the wheelwell...)

http://www.neptune.com/users/bolson/videoWMP/bolson225470.wmv

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
On behalf of the Sno*Drift committee, I'd like to thank you all for the kind words. Many of our workers read SS, and I'm sure they'll be happy to know their tireless efforts are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>On behalf of the Sno*Drift committee, I'd like to thank you
>all for the kind words. Many of our workers read SS, and I'm
>sure they'll be happy to know their tireless efforts are
>appreciated.

Uh, Bob. You're still in the control zone.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>Thanks to the Rally-America crew & all the workers - great
>job!
>
>Also thanks to Himes & Himes Wrecking for the quick tug (it
>seems we have some work to do on our tow strap extraction
>times...), as well as Burmeister Engineering for emergency use
>of Eric's Mazda-based control arm straightening system.
>
>It was a well-run event - thanks again.
>
>Bob

Bob. All of a sudden I have this awful feeling in my stomach. Looking through the in-car video we shot of the first pass through the ranch stage I saw a blue Subaru whose navvie was waving a tow rope. I considered stopping but passed by because I couldn't imagine how a car that was barely under control on its own could help someone else. Had it dawned on me it was you guys I certainly would have stopped and at least tried.

That was you guys, wasn't it? My apologies for not repaying the favor from Rim - had you been in the Porsche or a Capri or anything more distinctive than another blue Subaru I wouldn't have hesitated to stop.

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS, let's get it on in Group F!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
660 Posts
SnoDrift 05 Thank You's from me also

Please pass my thanks along to the SnoDrift volunteers, especially to anyone who had to stand outside as part of their assignments! The #558 team had a blast at SnoDrift and really appreciates all the efforts of the SnoDrift and Rally America staffs. For reasons I can't really explain, SnoDrift is one of my favorite events, I love it!

Jim Cox

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
The 69Dee Zkuad (yo) would also like to thank everyone. RA did a great job, the workers were awesome, the stages were great, and so were our fellow competators. Big thanks to Ryan Johnson for hopping in the silly seat with me on day two. I have your sunglasses, btw.
:7

·
R3 Slippy
79 Posts
Have to add my thanks as well. Joe and I both remarked that this was one of the most well-run, and well-presented events we've ever done. My crew commented the same. We were all very impressed with way RA ran the first event, and with the way the organizers and workers made it happen.

Thanks to all!

Chris Gilligan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts