Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of the entire Sno*Drift organizing committee I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped make the event a success.

Our many dedicated workers applied themselves tirelessly and, in some cases, without lunch, to keep things running smoothly. The rally truly is nothing without them.

RallyAmerica was everywhere, helping out whenever and wherever needed. Their dedication to improving the lot of rally organizers is much appreciated. Thanks, JB, Al, Heidi, Kristi, Tara, Bruce, Bob, Beryl Ann, and anyone I might have forgotten.

Congratulations to all competitors who finished, especially ACP, who garnered his first win in a national event. Congrats also to Tanner Foust, who drove his Subaru to a fine 3rd OA. The “PGT” in the class column is an island in a sea of “O”s. Don’t be fooled by the relatively high percentage of finishers. Conditions were very difficult, and stage times were about 10% slower than normal.

If what I saw last weekend is any indication, SRT-USA is destined to see victory often this year. Travis and Ken both drove extremely well, showing one and all that they belong in the top echelon of US rally drivers. Mr. Han is no doubt smiling this morning.

One last congratulations to one of Sno*Drift’s own: Greg and Tom Woodside took home the prize money as fastest G5 car on the Gene Henderson Memorial stage and as fastest 2wd car on That Old Black River (a 25 mile b***buster). Greg drove a 17 year old former Krolikowski Dodge Shadow. Greg and Tom are our former tape and banner crew, and while we miss their participation in the organizing group, we’re glad to see them succeed as competitors.

Thanks to everyone who helped make the 2006 Sno*Drift Rally a success. See you all next year.

·
Road books are for transits.
926 Posts
Top event! Flawless, very knowledgeable workers! The rally was on schedule the all weekend.
Lot's of excited spectators for US standards.

Thanks to the SD committee and RA!
You don't get to blind-jump at 170kmh on a one lane road and basically no snowbanks, knowing that it will be glare ice when you land, at any event.
Well done.

alexgelsomino.com

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
I agree with Alex. Yet again, Sno*Drift shows that it is one of the best organized events in the United States.

Despite our personal puncture travails, we had a fantastic time, and the workers deserve a special recognition for being exceptionally well-informed and dedicated.

Great job, Don, Barb, Uncle Joe and the whole crew!

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Thanks to all the S*D committee & workers (even if I did take all kinds of grief at almost every control I pulled into). I have worked a number of Sno*Drifts, and "maybe" the local knowledge helped a bit. I have been a stage captain on Hungry 5, and that was my best stage (or, to paraphrase ACP, least bad).

So, from the "dark" side, thank you guys for all the hours it took to put this on.

press on,

·
Registered
372 Posts
Olinda Racing (Stevens/Stevens/Stevens/Zuke)would like to add our thanks to all involved.

Right from the day the website was turned on for 2006, things appeared to be very well organzied and very professionally done. The organizers had a very clear idea of what they needed to do in the longer term best interests of all and yet tried to meet the current needs of the various parties at the same time. We can see why this event has been chosen rally of the year several times before.

It was a truly memorable weekend for our team. We hope to have the opportunity to come back again.

A class act all the way.

Jim Stevens
Marianne Stevens
Becky Stevens
Zuke

:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Agreed, fantastic event. For my first winter rally had a helluva good time. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers. See you all at the next one!

Heath

1 - 8 of 8 Posts