Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
I assume this means it did not air in its scheduled time slot on 2/14?
I arrived home too late from an ice run to catch it - if it did air (and failed to set the VCR).

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
money talks.

A former employee of mine is now working for TRD in there engine design unit as an engineer. He said that Toyota spend a total of 1 billion dollars on there engine program to get their first CART win.

pete

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Toyota never starts anything they aren't committed to winning, whatever the cost. Their finish at Daytona in their first truck race should have execs at the big three looking for a 40th floor window to jump out of.

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
In 2000, they announced their companies long term goal, which was some to the effect of,

"in the next 100 years, we do not just want to be the biggest automobile manufacturer, but the only manufacturer of automobiles"

lookout!!!

pete:+

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
SCCA Sno*Drift was scheduled, but they decided to re-run the "Toyota Craftsman Truck" add. I almost have the feeling SPEED is no more interested in showing SCCA Rallyes as they are showing the Baja 1000.
Nada, zip, zilch.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
239 Posts
It wasn't speed's fault, there was no show produced for them to air. Hopefully, Garrett Mudd will find someone to pay for the show!

Russ

·
Registered
1 Posts
>It wasn't speed's fault, there was no show produced for them
>to air. Hopefully, Garrett Mudd will find someone to pay
>for the show!
>
>Russ

didnt speed sign a contract for scca prorally coverage till 2007 or something?

·
Registered
239 Posts
It was a one year deal. I don't know the particulars, but I imagine Speed was agreeing to provide the air time only, and for a fee. The responsibility to produce the show is not on Speed Channel. That falls on the SCCA to find a sponsor to pay for the show, which is then contracted out to a production company, last year was Marty Reid, and the year before was Replica Productions.

Obviously, someone (?) ponied up the cash to at least shoot Sno Drift, but so far, no one has paid to actually produce a show. I am sure Garett Mudd was blindsided by the manufacturers pulling out, and is now trying to get some sponsors to pay for TV...Let's have faith in him to find a sponsor to get the coverage back on.

Russ

·
Registered
415 Posts
From what I understand, Replica Productions took it upon themselves to be there in case a TV deal was worked out in the future and the series needed to be produced.

Hopefully, someone will be able to find the production money needed to get us back on TV, otherwise, well...

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com
The North American Rally Resource
http://www.SpecialStage.com

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Well, Rally TV's coverage is still in editing/post production, but is coming along nicely. We were hoping to have you all a trailer this week, but I dont want to detract from the focus of completing the thing 100% by the end of the month, so hopefully next week we'll have a short trailer.

The "experiment" seems to have been a success, and we learned a lot. I think Rally TV will be continuing at another event soon. DVD releases at this point(for S*D for certain), unless there is such widespread demand that the riots caused by insufficient supply will force some of the rally-barren American broadcast networks to undermine us with one-off replicas that only breathe a hint of Rally TV's unique grit.:7

I should be in marketing...

Oh- a quick thank you to all that vowed their support. This truly is a community, not just a series.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts