Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my copy of the Rally TV snodrift DVD yesterday (thanks JC!), and all I can say is....WOW! Friggin awesome. They got some great footage, good interviews, and really made it all look exciting. I liked how they covered the entire event, from registration to the awards ceremony. This is certainly something I could give to a friend or family member and say, "watch this, and you'll get an idea of what I do". They really did a great job of capturing not only the rally, but why and how we rally. If any of you out there are wondering if it's worth it, IT'S WORTH IT! Buy the DVD and support RallyTV so they can do more of these.

JC, Doug H, and crew, thanks for all the hard work, you guys did great, and I can't wait for the next one.

Oh yeah, my prediction for the future: Lurch is gonna be the Nicky Grist of american rally. The been there, done that, commentator extroidanaire.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Many of the interviews were unusable due to equipment issues. I just did some of the fill in to add continuity to the program when it became apparent that the story had some holes. Didn't expect to actually see my ugly mug on the screen. Future endeavors will have the equipment bugs worked out and should be able to tell the story even more in your own voices, which was the intent.

SnoDrift is traditionally a hard one to make look exciting because the cars are so stinking slow on the ice and it is so hard to relate the conditions to the viewer.

That said, I agree with you and think this holds up very well as an example of what that rally is all about. While its a shame we lost a bunch of footage to problems, I think John has proven that his team
can produce a very high quality show. With more exciting subject matter (a racing surface with some friction and a more picturesque town than Lewiston), I can't wait to see what is created.

Congratulations to the whole (volunteer!) production team.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
But Lurch, you SO ROCK dude!

Truth be known, Eric made a huge impact in the planning & execution of our filming. While future releases will be in more everyone's words, Eric's help was essential for this one. Much praise to the Lurchmeister.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Heehee...by doing camera recce, I got to go over those roads more times than in 3 years of rallying on them.

Can't wait for 2005.

·
1,278 Posts
we DO have dibs on the lodge...

I call room #1 next year!

Maybe Mike B can use one of those roads you suggested...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
1,278 Posts
Certainly!

http://www.rally-tv.com

There you can watch a trailer in multiple formats & place an order via Paypal, or get the info for sending check or money order. They are in stock & shipping daily.

Looks like we cant do Rim(havent sold enough yet) but we plan on STPR for certain.

Thanx

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have my copy on heavy rotation, my in-laws are actually coming over to watch it after dinner.

I showed the DVD to a bunch of hot yooper girls and they were like "WHAAAH!!! Them guys on TV are so hot, eh. Is this a soap opera?" I told em it was.

Lurch, you better get up to Pelkie to follow up with them chicks. John you stay put as you are bound by the never-ending circle.

·
1,278 Posts
So, in yooper speak, that means it kicks butt.

Cool. Thanx brah! Tell those chicks to buy some copies for their sorority sisters.

JC
#595www.rally-tv.com
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Doh...
Dennis compared Lurch w/the Wee Welsh Wizard....
Geez... you drivers...

The teaser looked great - ordered my copy yesterday

·
1,278 Posts
Run time on the DVD is 45min. We expect(hope) future ones to be closer to 100min.

They are professionally pressed from glass master(not DVD-R's) and in retail cases.

It's almost like they are done by someone that knows what they are doing.

:7

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com
www.rally-tv.com

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>What is the duration of the dvd, is it an hour or more? Then
>i would most likely buy it.

The length is fine. It is long enough to have substance and tell the story properly.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
John,

Put in my reservation for a lodge room. I wanta be there again. Even if it would turn out that Scott doesn't happen to run and I don't have a ride I don't want to miss it. Mmmm, beers in the garage with Nicky Grist. I'll be happy to help out.

Kent Gardam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts