Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Sorry to say,...
The temperatures are cold enough, but so far the shies have not opened. As of to date, it would be a frozen gravel, almost tarmac like conditions.
Then again,... this is Michigan. Wait ten minutes, the weather will change. :+

I'll try to keep a weekly weather post for everyone.

1/6/03... Snowed during the night and some of the day,.. raising temperatures by tommorow to lower 40's.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sno*Drift should just use LSPR's route. How could Houghton not have snow by the end of January?
:7 :7 :7

Will MacDonald
1968 Volvo 144

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
History has proven that the conditions two weeks before the event, even two days before the event, are never the conditions for the event.

That said, the year we cancelled, the event was scheduled for the end of February (and there was a snow storm a week later). At 3 weeks ahead of the event looks like frozen roads but little snow.

The forecast does include snow so cross your fingers, say a prayer and do a snow dance.

Mike

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tires for frozen gravel?

Frozen gravel sounds like it'll tear up my Hakka Q's in no time... too cold for most gravel tire compounds... what's everybody thinking they'll bring (everything?!)?

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
286 Posts
>Sno*Drift should just use LSPR's route. How could Houghton
>not have snow by the end of January?
> :7 :7 :7
>
>Will MacDonald
>1968 Volvo 144

I have a former significant other that lives at the old Air Force base south of Marquette (I was stationed there for 3 1/2+ yrs). She sent me a pic taken 31 Dec...and the only snow on the ground is where the plow pushed it out of the parking lots. Everything else is bare ground...highly unusual for that neck of the woods (only 75 mi SE or so of Houghton, and high up on the plateau like the Kenton areas...).

Charlie KA8OQF

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
RE: What tires for frozen gravel?

Maybe just our Brockway tires...

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
51 Posts
Today we woke up to around two inches of dry, fluffy snow. Of course, the forecast calls for temperatures in the 40s over the next few days, so the snow won't last long...

Adam

http://www.stcimages.com/ - professional freelance photojournalism, rally photos

·
Registered
81 Posts
Taken from the NE-Div forums and very useful:

[link:www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=Ski&prodgrp=CurrentWeather&product=SnowCover&prodnav=none&pid=none|Observed snow cover accross the USA (from intellicast)]

How 'bout ya do the Sno*drift in Maine this year, that way I get to see it and you get 24+ inches of now. Deal?

·
626 Posts
January 11th, 2003.
It's snowing! Nice, big, fluffy flakes. :+
And it's even staying on the ground.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Maybe I'll have to use more than one layer this year . . .

Looks like we're gonna have a "REAL" Sno* Drift !!!

"Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it Snow"

:+

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Best to plan on Tall Pines type of rally
"Winter roads with Summer ditches"
the forcast is for snow to continue for the next few weeks...but I doubt it will be enough for the toboggan run down on Henry's place

·
626 Posts
SnoDrift will this year really be a winter rallye.
Conditions are good. Lots of the white stuff.

Whiplash RallyeSport

1 - 13 of 13 Posts