Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
Get here by Sat AM and run your 4wd rally car on the ice.
Free entry when you take the green.
Free use of tires (fit 4 or 5" X 16" save-a-spare wheels)
$12,000 to divide up.
(What'd your last rally pay?)
Check Canada forum for more info.
races are 3 15min. heats with 5 sec. start intervals - seeded start from practice times (no passing planned but it happens).
http://www.challengecanada.com/cgi-cs/cs.waframe.index?lang=2
rz

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
My only concern would be how much do you spend to replace/fix the banged up body work? From what I observed (on the forum) last year, apparently that can be an issue?

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
DK, this year we will be running on real studded ice tires, and thus will have actual grip with which to make the cars turn, stop, and miss things like frozen snowbanks and other cars.

Last year's race was a comedy of slippy sliding on wimpy studded street snows. Comedy until you bounced off the banks...by the end of the weekend some of the cars looked like they'd spent the weekend at a demo derby instead of an ice race.

So to answer your question, bodywork repair costs are up to you. Drive clean and it's no prob. Overcook it, and you'll be visiting the bodyshop before your next event.

Check out the Sherbrooke ice video from our race last year, it lives in the downloads section of our team website. Yee--hawww!

Dave G
www.lastditchracing.net

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don,
I lost a headlamp and corner lamp because I goofed up.
I passed almost every car on one session and nearly the whole field other times and made NO contact with other cars.
The damage last year was also due to the rally drivers trying to use rally tricks with hard ice walls - this was later deemed a mistake.
lIKE dAVE SAYS, THE aNDROS TIRES WILL MAKE IT MUCH EASIER TO DECIDE WHERE YOU ARE GOING.
The track is also wider this year.
gATHER UP ALL THE SAVE-A-SPARE WHEELS YOU CAN.
Andros uses 5.5" X 16
mARTIN HAS FOUND SOME HERE (ooops, cap lock)
but it'd be best to have your own.

rz

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The race is three 10 lap runs each day.
There will be a Sat winner and a Sun winner but the overall will count all laps of all six "stages".
After the 1st:
Perusse 12:47.012
Lambert 12:51.853
zimmer 12:55.798
Getchel -1 lap
Arce -1 lap
Carre -10 laps

Laps not completed will be given a bogy time, not done yet...
rz

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
race 2 has been run, grid was contrary to how described in the meeting and Carrie was put ahead of us and Lambert in front of Perusse.
We both made passes and got it back to "normal" by the end of the 10lap run.
Perusse has extended his lead and Lambert and I changed little.
E.Arce improved on the 2nd run and Getchel was lapped.
Next run ~6pm.
FoC informs me there is a full moon and they should have their tardy reports up shortly.
rz

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more race to go.
J-P is way ahead, I am second as Lembert has dropped off the pace in round 4 and Bruno Carre is going well but has a big deficit from Sat.
Jon Nichols is here.
rz

·
Registered
62 Posts
nice week end,thanks to eric lee and randy, helping us to find 2 other guys,thanks to dave and emilio, for being here,hope next year will have more cars,

randy you`re a king,faster time than some t3f with only 165 hp,president of challenge denis bernier was amazing by that,french guys was confuse when they have understand that,,,,,

again , thanks

martin

·
Start Flat 30k Finish
366 Posts
Congrats Randy!!

Good going, but its too bad you let J-P loose... I still havent talked to Nichols, we witnessed J-P holding him up (and not letting him by) halfway through the long loop at PN (at the hairpin R that i was going to squirt mustard all over your windsheild), after he had clearly caught him on stage.... I'll bet Jon would have thrown in a few bucks for you to have punted him out of the way...

Andrew

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would have loved to do that for you honey, but the first part of the problem was catching him. Not possible for me and most of the "Pro" TF3 cars too.
J-P had it all to himself and did a fine job.
You'll have to enter next year and take care of it yourself!
rz
PS - I hate mustard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts