Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading something on another website by someone who said he is a SFI certified rally scrutineer/tech inspector.

My scrutineer's license expired several years ago. I don't remember anything about SFI certification. Is SFI certification for rally scrutineers something recent?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
This was made an option ofr scrutineers by SCCA this year. You could take the test (ususally supervised by Doug Robinson) at any SCCA Pro event this year. It was 40 questions, open book, and only covered the safety aspects of the rule book (not class compliance).

You get a patch for your shirt, and a certificate. It lasts until the end of the next season or thereabouts. The idea was to give the scrutineers some level of certification of their qualification to tech a car for safety compliance, for some added protection in court. When questioned by the planitiffs attorneys about qualifications to safety check a car, one can point to this SFI certification.

Everyone should keep in mind that the scrutineers are putting themselves in harms way to some degree from a broad legal standpoint when they tech your car and say it is OK to compete. So do the organizers and sanctioning bodies.

Regards,
Mark B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts