Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm searching for any informations about who, when and where Poeple were rallying in an AMC Pacer. And I'm of course searching for pictures or even better movies with such a car rallying. As I'm living in Switzerland, it's quit difficult to get anything except thru the net :p

So far I had a contact back in 2005:

"The only pictures I have of the Pacer are the ones Dean loaned me that I scanned and sent copies to you. The guy who built the car decades ago still lives in Grove, Oklahoma but has no email nor other web access.

My suggestion to you would be to visit the forums and register at www.specialstage.com and then post a request for anything regarding Pacer rally cars there. The specialstage.com community is composed of newbies through rallyists who have been at it longer even than me and my 33-plus years. If anyone stateside has more info or pics of Pacer rally cars I bet you'll find them on either www.specialstage.com or the search function on www.rallyracingnews.com.

Good luck.

Mike ...
www.realautosport.com

So I at least founded some spare time to get into Specialstage and ask for that stuff regarding AMC Pacers!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I Saw that PACER

I saw it in the early 1980's in New Mexico (I believe), and possibly a picture from Big Bend Bash Rally. Looked like a "Rally Egg" or lunar buggy--huge off-road tires, sitting way up high.

Trying to remember if it made it to High Desert Trails or East of Indio in the CRS in So Cal back in 1983-85 time frame...

No other info currently though...

Pe

Paul Eklund
Primitive Racing (currently 2008 STi)
www.get-primitive.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky you!

As seen from me you were then lucky! Do you remember may be the colors schemes as the both pictures are in B&W?
:)

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Ken Stewart was and is the person from Grove Oklahoma who rallied a Pacer. I will try to send him a snail mail requesting information this weekend.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ken Stewart was and is the person from Grove Oklahoma who rallied a Pacer. I will try to send him a snail mail requesting information this weekend.
When I read "Grove, Oklahoma" and "no email nor other web access", Ken popped into my mind immediately. :) Richard, say hi to Ken for me. We'd love to see him out at a rally...even if he doesn't bring any of his unusual cars/trucks.

Can we get Mad Mike to go knock on his door?

Bruce

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
I get emails from all over the world regarding RWD Peugeot rally cars too ...

I haven't heard a peep from Ken in years and haven't gone to Grove since the last Cherokee Rally there in the late-80s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts