Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I appear to have to much time on my hands at the moment (about to start new job) I was thinking about how to make rallies more intersting for drivers ans the 3 fans. What do you think of this scoring system? Bear in mind, that if someone Like Pat R wins everything no system will work to keep it close.
Win 20 points
2nd 10 points, within 30 seconds of 1st:3 bonus points, within 1 min: 1 bonus point
3rd 9 points, within 30 sec: 3, within 1min: 1

4th 7 points, within 30 sec 2points, within 1min: 1point
so on down to 10th.
You will notice the top 3 get more points just as a reward for being in the top 3 but the others also get rewards for keeping it close.
I think it's sad when the top 3-5 drivers all drive slower the last day to secure their positions.

anyway, just a thought.
stuart.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like the thought. it applies well to the top ten.

For the rest of the field I was thinking of a points system similar to yours but with a twist.For a slow person to feel part of it make a seperate system where you could earn points for besting your speed factor. It would only punish nonfinishers boo hoo. make drivers strive to perform more consistantly and thus improve competition at the top.

A 84% driver could score points against the 1.0 driver just by beating his own rating. say he finishes 11-12 overall his points are sqwat. With a jr league point handicap it would be possible to amass points to remain in the field as a contender. A start point and position point and a finish point plus a percentage or handicap of his or her improvement.

Just the ramblings of a mad man. merbach

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Stuart!!! Wanna Crew Chief whatever it is I end up driving at 100AW?

I like your scoring idea. The time would force some to keep a pace even if there was a seemingly insurmountable gap.

Good-onya, mate!

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS! Let's get it on in Group F, uhhhhh, right after 100AW!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would i like to YES. can I.... NO. I'm starting a new job which will take up my weekends for a couple months, and thats not counting the 2 rugby teams i'm meant to be coaching. sorry.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>would i like to YES. can I.... NO. I'm starting a new job
>which will take up my weekends for a couple months, and thats
>not counting the 2 rugby teams i'm meant to be coaching.
>sorry.

No worries, there's always your favorite Malaysian ... ;-)

Congrats on the new job!

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS! Let's get it on in Group F, uhhhhh, right after 100AW!
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts