Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to catch an hour of coverage of a SCORE race on the Outdoor Channel on Monday (not OLN), and the magnitude of that sport blew my mind. There were thousands of spectators, all the major teams had huge shiny semis, those trucks have to be worth very serious money, everyone seemed sponsored up the waazoo with their nice team shirts and fancy paintjobs. A little digging on the web uncovered entry lists of more than 300 vehicles!!!!

Given the similarity between desert racing and rally, how come they seem to be more successful in building their sport than we are?

Neil.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You must have been watching the Baja 500. SCORE is our main race series. They race Baja, Navada, Its were the big money is. TROPHY TRUCKS, Unlimeted chasses with unlimeted motors. Class 1. Open wheel cars with V 8s.Unlimeted wheel travel and unlimeted motors. Then we have a bunch of smaller series. MDR, MORE, SNORE, FUD. They race bikes and cars in baja only with Score. The one cool thing about racing Off Road is we get some pretty good contengencys. Pay back with money. and Trophys. The smaller series are close to home in Southern Cali. Check out, Race-Dezert.com. This is our main Off Road web site. I am a Off Road racer and i want to try some Rally racing. Hope this helps. Dennis , 11 Brothers Motorsports
Life is a Race.

·
L3> over crest, drops!
647 Posts
You should check out the fab work on those vehicles.. HOLY CRAP!!!
At least 80% of the construction of many of those are custom fabricated or machined. Lots of tube and some very sweet welds. Suspensions that are $10k a corner with 30"+ travel, 750hp balanced/blueprinted V8s, Remote controlled Hydraulic light bars.. The desert racers are insane on many levels. Not many motorsports that make rally look cheap..;)

Not to mention they can take abuse that would destroy a rally car. Huge air!

try this in a rally car:
www.highrevphoto.com/paypal.php?gal=ror61105/ror&pic=ror_c_4254.jpg

·
L3> over crest, drops!
647 Posts
>Your Post-Fu is weak B!
>
>j/k!!
>Soon enough, old man, soon enough...Need to get that Toyota ready for action..

Capitol J,
Thanks for fixing the Post-Fu...Much better! That was the desired result.
:D

Did I say big air, I meant Huge Air! }(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts