Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After day 1 (of 2) in the SCCA / ORG rallycross, the out-of-town National folks are doing pretty well, but locals have many of the top spots.

Overall (after 7 runs with 3 or 4 more tomorrow): UNOFFICIAL

James Rachner Impreza Wagon M4/P4 8:24
Max Johnson 2.5 Early Impreza (Colorado) M4 8:32
Tim Werner (Jeep Comanche Pickup in Stock AWD!) SA 8:44
Blake Lind (dirty drifter) M4 8:45
Ken Cashion (EVO! Colorado) M4 8:52

By Class:

SF April Smith Suzuki Swift 9:21
SF Bill Martin Nissan Sentra (Cal) 9:38

SR No entries (someone missed out!)

PF Chris Sample VW GTI 9:40
PF Sanders House VW JETTA 9:42

PA Vern Johnson Mazdawg 323 8:52
PA Dan Breene WRX 9:04

M2 Kris Lily VW GTI 9:03
M2 Tim Tokstad Mitsubishi Mirage (Go Tim!) 9:15

SA Tim Werner Jeep 8:44
SA Brent Blakely STi 8:56

M4 James Rachner (dry runs) 8:24
M4 Max Johnson (wet runs) 8:32

We had a big group of great drivers come in from Colorado and several up from California. Be sure to introduce yourselves to them. Only one car lost a tire, (VW) and one car got stuck, oh and one broke a control arm. Beautiful day and very nice course. See everyone (including REGIONAL ENTRIES) on Sunday....

Special thanks to Curtis Ebert for helping with field work Friday AND Saturday night, shuttling cones around, and pitching in to make this event happen. Someone step up and relieve Curtis today (Sunday) and thank him for all the work. Also thanks to Kala Rounds who designed course maps, helped lay out courses and also came out Friday to help with the field. Bill Beers and Doug Heredos worked behind the scenes to get the awesome bobcat tractors from SUNBELT RENTALS (good guys!). Also big thanks to the Hales to awesome and flawless TIMING!!! Black Sun was also on the spot helping out.

Biggest thanks to Ben Trujillo for making himself crazy trying to get this event off the ground and trying to make everyone happy. He recruited a huge group of helpers for Saturday afternoon to work the course and ended up running himself ragged. Say thanks to Ben when you see him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
M4 James Rachner (dry runs) 8:24
M4 Max Johnson (wet runs) 8:32

Seriously Paul?

Why is it you ONLY point out Wet/dry runs against me? Classy.

The only run i had that it was ANY more dry than one of your runs was the 1st. Our difference in times on that run was 10 seconds. After the first run they reversed the run groups and you were in the back of the line, just as I was. But strangely you're behind me by 39 seconds overall. So where did that other 29 second gap come from...?
If you need to tell the world and yourself it was because my times were dry and yours were wet... enjoy.

In regards to me and Max... yes... his 'wet' run was the difference today as all our other runs after that were .02s-.6 seconds apart.

·
www.facebook.com/evorally
623 Posts
oops, I was gonna go watch this today. Totally forgot!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Huge big hairy thanks to the Hales for getting the scoring done and posted before most of the competitors got home. Wow! You guys rock!

Also, huge big thanks to Curtis, Doug, BenT, Mark, Kevin, and Gloria... we couldn't have pulled it off without you, and I really, really mean it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
lighten up....WTF

Seriously Paul?

Why is it you ONLY point out Wet/dry runs against me? Classy.

The only run i had that it was ANY more dry than one of your runs was the 1st. Our difference in times on that run was 10 seconds. After the first run they reversed the run groups and you were in the back of the line, just as I was. But strangely you're behind me by 39 seconds overall. So where did that other 29 second gap come from...?
If you need to tell the world and yourself it was because my times were dry and yours were wet... enjoy.
I'm not seeing where there is any mention of Paul "telling the world" what his times are wet or dry??? :confused: in fact there is no mention of any of Paul's times in the post......at all

so relax....not nice to attack someone who, as it looks to me, was trying to post up some general info to let people know the results for the first day.

and..... if you are involved in a fight for the overall victory, or an in class fight at an event (even rally cross).... know that there will be mention of who is in second place and perhaps what the conditions might be at the moment. hell they may even mention 3rd place too. :eek:

thank god that second place car on day one didn't have a flat tire or that might have been mentioned. I wonder what your reaction would have been to that kind of info.

another little tip when you win... it is better to be a little bit humble, you did after all come in first. so you perhaps try to act like a winner.

......well at least your SS post count matches your placing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whew, what an event and what a weekend. Here's a quick recap from the Rallycross directors point of view. Some things worked better than others but overall I think it was an awesome weekend and I think everyone had a good time.

As always its the same ol thang "not enough workers". We were hoping for a bigger turnout worker wise so the drivers wouldn't have to work but about a 1/3 of our worked were either late or didn't show so big thanks to everyone out there shaggin cones. Moving on from that, I kept getting asked about the water truck. Due to the field location we must water the track, thats just how it is. Now saying that I think for future events having everyone run in their run groups is the way to go. That way you all get screwed at the same time. :) So at least its fair. We did water in the after noon and ran the the guys that got drier runs first so I think it evened itself out.

Sunday went smooth till I was forced to water again and everyone kept getting stuck in the mud hole in the corner. To that all I can say is... "sometimes slower is faster" .. Case in point our own B-Dash in his 1.8 imp wagon made it though the course with some of the fastest times, even beating out the STi's. Pick a line and drive your own rally. The course rewarded some free thinking.

Either way, I think the weekend went awesome for my 1st national event during my 1st year as Rallycross Director. I learned a lot and next year will be even better. And to all you poo-poo'ers, Feel free to step up and run an event or two, I promise I won't say NO. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not seeing where there is any mention of Paul "telling the world" what his times are wet or dry??? :confused: in fact there is no mention of any of Paul's times in the post......at all
I guess there's more to the story than just what was posted. More or less what was said in person and coments made at the event. My mistake for bringing that here, i should have dealt with it differently. In my defense i was running off back to back nights of 3 hours of sleep (thank you kids skateboarding in the hotel hallway at 3am) and made the original post right after waking up a little cranky. My apologies.

so relax....not nice to attack someone who, as it looks to me, was trying to post up some general info to let people know the results for the first day.

and..... if you are involved in a fight for the overall victory, or an in class fight at an event (even rally cross).... know that there will be mention of who is in second place and perhaps what the conditions might be at the moment. hell they may even mention 3rd place too. :eek:

thank god that second place car on day one didn't have a flat tire or that might have been mentioned. I wonder what your reaction would have been to that kind of info.
While I agree he was posting results, if he was going to post "wet/dry" in the results, why not share that same information for the other class results that he posted? Those classes first runs and standings were most definatly affected by the course conditions. Just seems strange it would only be pointed out for one class and not all the classes that were affected.

·
Registered
451 Posts
thanks

congrats on your win.....and always be careful what you post.....preview before posting, and know that everyone on the board could be reading what you write. Both the moderators as well as that guy who is just starting out in rally cross or stage rally who may say "forget this, these people are jerks" and then we all loose out and another entry fee is lost.

With all the trouble the organizers go through to get the needed road permissions (or venue/field permissions) as well as the insurance costs these days, we need as many entries as possible to keep the events going.

stepping off of soap box now :cool:

peace out

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fine event again

I had a great time this weekend. I'm still learning to drive and learned some more with lots of seat time and lots of runs. The course layouts for both days was excellent with time to floor it and no "mickey mouse" kinks to ruin the smooth flow of the course. And it was still technical enough to present a challenge to all.

My hat's off to the organizers for the time, effort and expense. Thanks to the volunteers who let us "hotshots" run without have to spend time on day one to shag cones and such. Thanks also to the scoring crew. It was so neat to come into the hotel after dinner, check the internet and see the days results posted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I really want to thank the organizers for taking the time to deal with running the classes together as a group to help mitigate the effects of the water truck on the individual contestants. Running the groups in order of placing based on the results of the first day was an especially good idea. It was certainly difficult to put into effect and I want to thank Ben T. for recognizing a potential problem and Rebecca and Paul E. for implementing the solution. I know it was a royal PITA for the workers, but this competitor appreciated the effort (and I don't think I'm alone).

It was good to see the increased entry over last year as well as out of state entries from Colorado and California.

I'm looking forward to next year!:)

·
Vicious Bunny
175 Posts
Great job Ben and all those who worked on Saturday and did not run. I don't know what your complaining about wet and dry I was 2nd car on course on Saturday and ran a 2min time cause I was dual driving and the dual drivers usually run first to get their runs in, the others in my class ran way later than I did, but for me I had a great time and I really love it when it is muddy... Hurts the times but it is lots of fun.

·
It'll do till I get a real one
55 Posts
Idea for 2009..... every driver required one worker. Saturday I drove down to watch a friend race, ended up working both sessions. It was a pleasure helping, not an issue, however, cones that were hit and signed in were never verified by scoring, Im certain cone and gate penalties were inaccurate.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Idea for 2009..... every driver required one worker. Saturday I drove down to watch a friend race, ended up working both sessions. It was a pleasure helping, not an issue, however, cones that were hit and signed in were never verified by scoring, Im certain cone and gate penalties were inaccurate.
That's a pretty big statement. Do you have any proof that cones/gates weren't scored? As in, were all gates/cones from a particular COM station just simply ignored?

Mark Tabor

·
It'll do till I get a real one
55 Posts
Had more to do with the 7 workers on Saturday running around trying to upright cones and signal them in to scoring....... multiple times there were 3-4 cones in the slalom area down and a car was on course prior to them signaled in and stood back up and in place. Trust me Mark not slamming the event I had fun as I always do. Just really disappointed in the amount of volunteers who showed up to help : (

·
Registered
452 Posts
Had more to do with the 7 workers on Saturday running around trying to upright cones and signal them in to scoring....... multiple times there were 3-4 cones in the slalom area down and a car was on course prior to them signaled in and stood back up and in place. Trust me Mark not slamming the event I had fun as I always do. Just really disappointed in the amount of volunteers who showed up to help : (
I guess that scoring must have been told about it so that the situation could be corrected on the scores. I was only able to be there from 6:30 until 10 that morning (and 6:30a till 6:30p on Sunday). Yes, you are correct, there is never enough workers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I stated in the drivers meeting that if there were cones down on your run you could stop and we would re-run you after the course was checked. they do the same thing in AutoX. I had a few people come up to me and say cones were already down and they got counted, so I corrected a few scores. But to the folks who came to me later that day or the next, sorry. I can only do something right after your run. Every year is a learning process and next year will be even better!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.