Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's nice }>

Seriously though; I sure hope nothing trickles down. I like the ClubRally scene - especially here in the Northwest. Great events this year and rumors of more events next, great organizers and great competitors.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Nope . . . no mountains in Kansas . . . just flat flat flat. Perfect for Solo II. Not so great for rally.

Wilson

·
Registered
426 Posts
Seriously though, after talking to George Plesk last weekend there is going to be a change in Club next year and that is increased insurance costs. Seems as though they have been giving us a break this year but can no longer afford to do that next year. Look for a substantial increase in entry fees for club rallies in 2003.

Roger

·
Registered
151 Posts
Funny shot:7

I assume it's at least part in jest.

It's not as if rallyists in this country don't have free will to abstain from SCCA events or form their own organization. Am I wrong?

Much like the Boeing machinists here in the NW whining about their compensation package, I say "if it's so bad, why not leave your obviously horrible condition to go elsewhere instead of belly-aching".

Please keep in mind nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head here, forcing them to do something against their will.

Pardon my ignorance....again, am I missing something here?

:p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Concerned about Flatlandindham

There is something very wrong here?

>Yes.
>
>John Vanlandingham

Alright who ever you are, untie John and get off his computer.

:+ C.E.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
I wonder if the users have to pay for a bog-roll (you know the facial quality bum-wipe*) printed with all those important sponsors logos in all the critical places?

Soft Charmin' for $2.95,
SCCA required VIP (Very Icky Poo) paper $79.95?

Maybe the SCCA Pro Rally Chief Scrutineer will send out a theatening Memo about how if we don't fold it right and have the logos in the right place we will not be allowed to er...pass.

We had better stop before we give then new ideas of where we can be required to place stickers.
With WILD WEST looming,and John Lane with new wheel bearings and his normal enthusiasm for going fast intact might we expect to see some stickers shining by the Moon?

*don't you wonder when they say facial quality if somewhere out there in the Consumer-Paradice if there is bum quality face wipe?

Thanks Daphne, I didn't know how to photo-shop this.

John Vanlandingham

·
Registered
81 Posts
>might we expect to see some stickers shining by the Moon?

Reminds me of:

"Mr President, our spies just learned that the Russians have sent a mission to the Moon to paint it red!

Nah, that's all right, don't worry about it.

Next day:
Mr President, the Russians are in orbit around the Moon and started painting it!!!

Calm down please, that's all right.

Next day:
Mr President!!! The Moon is all red now, what do we doooo???

Oh, comm'on, I told you not to worry. I've just sent a shuttle to write Coca Cola on it!"

:+

·
Registered
146 Posts
>Seriously though, after talking to George Plesk last weekend
>there is going to be a change in Club next year and that is
>increased insurance costs. Seems as though they have been
>giving us a break this year but can no longer afford to do
>that next year. Look for a substantial increase in entry
>fees for club rallies in 2003.
>
>Roger

WTF?!?
A "substantial increase in entry fees"??
x(
How much freakin insurance do they (ok, we) need?
A million? More? Couldn't we self-insure?
Who says how much insurance we need? Does it vary by state,
or do the paid employees of the SCCA just arbitrarily decide
an amount of insurance and then call up Lloyds of London?
Why does an event need insurance when all of the competitors are individually insured?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts