Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Sunoco thread there is mention of Sunoco increasing there support of rally etc.

Then at the beginning of last year there was all kinds of talk about securing a corporate sponsor.

Then there was much talk about a Large OEM joining the SCCA fray. Most assumed Ford, but as I work in Detroit I knew how hysterically ridiculous that was......

Then there was more mention of securing a corporate sponsor after LSPR, most assumed Hot Wheels.......

Then everyone was excited about the DaimlerChrysler contingency which it seems is an employee only plan as NOBODY has information on this plan except DCX employees. Look at most Neons running in Gp 2 and Gp 5 at SnoDrift....hmmmm, look at where most of those guys work....

There isn't even Mitsubishi contingency this year???? But the factory cars are nice.

So what's the latest rumor and gossip? What about Budweiser bringing millions to the table?

Brian "Amateur rally guy"

·
Registered
296 Posts
Brian,

"start pay attention to?"

Soon SCCA is gonna to have direct competitor?new format, new sponsors, new events, new TV coverage, new people, new teams?and we amateurs can start to enjoy the rally like millions of European amateurs?

SCCA employees have no idea what to do with rally it?N class is the future and hope for smaller teams. So if you would like to get serious better start building the team?but you always can count on Edson, beautiful scenery, atmosphere, beer and nice people.

Jerry

·
Registered
107 Posts
>ProRally Winston Cup!
>
>
>
>;-)

I would welcome that. A few recent interviewees (with some well-respected members of the North American rally community posted here on SS.com) did not pull any punches at the SCCA needing serious help when it comes to the image and professional marketing services for the SCCA Rally program.

I would be interested to see how much $ Subaru/Mitsubishi throws into contingency or even to the SCCA ProRally program each year.

Look at how far NASCAR has come in 10 years. Like the WRC, they have done an excellent job of marketing, partnering and crossing over into many areas people never expected. Each of those areas builds awareness, added TV viewers and generated huge amounts of revenue for every sponsor involved. Come on; some drink Miller Lite b/c they favorite NASCAR driver is in the Miller Lite car. That's a sponsors/marketers dream!

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
>On the Sunoco thread there is mention of Sunoco increasing
>there support of rally etc.
>
>Then at the beginning of last year there was all kinds of
>talk about securing a corporate sponsor.
>
>Then there was much talk about a Large OEM joining the SCCA
>fray. Most assumed Ford, but as I work in Detroit I knew
>how hysterically ridiculous that was......
>
>Then there was more mention of securing a corporate sponsor
>after LSPR, most assumed Hot Wheels.......
>
>Then everyone was excited about the DaimlerChrysler
>contingency which it seems is an employee only plan as
>NOBODY has information on this plan except DCX employees.
>Look at most Neons running in Gp 2 and Gp 5 at
>SnoDrift....hmmmm, look at where most of those guys work....
>
>There isn't even Mitsubishi contingency this year???? But
>the factory cars are nice.
>
>So what's the latest rumor and gossip? What about Budweiser
>bringing millions to the table?
>
>Brian "Amateur rally guy"

All these "rumors"(deceptions)came from the same mouth.

pete

N aint so bad, if you know where to look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts