Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my membership and license renewal in the mail

Letter from Sue (telling us performance rally has gone to RA). Cool.

SCCA Performance Rally license renewal application.... huh?

Membership renewal, with $150 item for rally license renewal... .huh?

Did no one tell SCCA membership?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>Membership renewal, with $150 item for rally license
>renewal... .huh?

That might be for CircusRally, or some pretty stickers, or old times sake, or the "good ol' boys of ProRally" retirement fund, or....

Oh, well.. Just pay it, see what happens, and report back to us.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>Psst. Jens -- I can tell you what happens, since I have a
>lifetime SCCA membership.
>
>Ready for it?
>
>You sure?
>
>Ok.
>
>You receive SportsCar. And that Pegasus catalog.
>
>- Christian
>

Yeah, but from what I've seen, there's been more coverage of rally in SportsCar this year than there ever was when SCCA was our sanctioning body. Even the latest issue has Chad DiMarco in it.}(

·
Registered
901 Posts
I flip through the magazine looking for familiar names and faces, then toss it in the recycle bin. Takes about 5 minutes.

:) I did see Chad DiMarco, it was in the "history" section.

Hey Glenn, at least they sent you a renewal. They didn't send my brother Mark anything when his membership came up; we can take a hint!

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
They keep sending me renewal notices, and even though my membership was up in January, I keep getting SportsCar. It's like some kind of punishment I think. :(

All kidding aside, it really is a weak magazine. Old (at least in the internet era) info, boring pictures, and tech articles with no tech info. I read lots of other non-rally specific racing mags, but not this one.

I do like the Pegasus catalog though. I get lotsa stuff from them. Good prices, always in stock, and only one day shipping from Milwaukee to Green Bay.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>Now that I think of it, I wonder what happens if I renew my
>SCCA license? (beyond being $150 poorer)

See my first post regarding the topic. Apparently I didn't write clearly.. some thought I was referring to the membership dues. I was reponding to your license renewal.

Cut 'em a check, see what ya get, then get back to us. It should be good for a few laughs.

Later......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts