Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after SCCA anounced it was pulling out of stage Rally, a new program was anounced called RallySprint. Basically a closed course type of event. I competed in the first one in Colorado back in April. We had a second one scheduled here in Colorado during the summer, but it was postponed until November. My question is has there been any other RallySprints around the country and has there been much support for it?
It was fun and logistics were simple, so i thought it might appeal to a lot of people. Just wondering.
Shawn Whitney

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Rallysprint has been around for many years. I do not think SCCA does rallysprints anymore...went out with the bathwater that contained rally.

The new program they were looking to launch was CircuitRally which takes a cue from european rallycross.

I don't think they had many takers for Circuitrally.

They still do have their own brand of Rallycross which is solo (autocross) on dirt. It seems to be growing in popularity.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
>Rallysprint has been around for many years. I do not think
>SCCA does rallysprints anymore...went out with the bathwater
>that contained rally.
>
>The new program they were looking to launch was CircuitRally
>which takes a cue from european rallycross.
>
>I don't think they had many takers for Circuitrally.
>
>They still do have their own brand of Rallycross which is solo
>(autocross) on dirt. It seems to be growing in popularity.

Wrong.

They "re-invented" rally sprints as the evolution of their rallysprint program. The SCCA launched 2 programs and transferred their RallyCross program management. They launched CircuitRally which has fallen on its face a bit, and RallySprint (which since other organizations can run them as a Coeff. 1 rally hasn't really been paid much attention).

So in conclusion.

The SCCA dropped Performance Rally.
Created the Off Road department.
And Launched CircuitRally and RallySprint and tossed RallyCross in with it all, then depending on your view point royally mucked up RallyCross with WAY WAY WAY too many classes and what not.

Safe to say the SCCA only serves me to provide me with hot pit access at road races.

Any RallySprints beyond 2005 in Colorado will probably not be sanctioned by the SCCA unless they offer the best insurance price. They will more then likely be est up to run under NASA (doubtful but possible) or RallyAmerica as a coef 1 rally.

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
As far as I am concerned, SCCA Rallye in any form is dead.
They thought they could make money and failed.
S. J. jumped ship for more money as well. Love of the sport, my foot.

Whiplash Rallye Sport
(Rallying is not a crime)

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Since my return to rallying late last decade I organzied (and ran in) two iterations of "Ark Valley Rallye" and two "Hallett Triple" rallysprints (all staged on the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit property west of Tulsa) but when I spoke to Sue Robinson this spring about possibly staging another she indicated there would be no way to avoid requiring participants to be scca members. This meant my pool of existing prospective entrants diminished as scca memberships lapsed so I've shelved any plans to set up a non-scca event at HMRC until things settle down on the rally scene or a gaggle of rallycrossers & road racers (or whomever) in this section of the country ponies up the money it would take to do one.

Halley ...
BBBBB (Bring Back Big Bend Bash)
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts