Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I believe O'Donnely won the event. There were some spectacular offs, some which I have photos of. There were also some spectacular drives. Overall great event, great weather ( a little dry road surface) great competitors.

I will let JD tell you waht happened, but he didn't have crash.

Jake Rowlands

·
Registered
408 Posts
Who is O'Donnely?

The event was won by an Irishman in an Evo ;-)

I'm sure the results will be posted sometime today.

As for JD...well...that boy is pretty unlucky!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Local economy booster JD Ackley showed up in beautiful Wellsboro to enjoy a weekend of spectular weather, jovial rally friends, and disapointing rally acheivements. What was thought to be oil trapped in the intercooler from a previous disapointment burning off turned out to be none other than oil escaping the turbo's bearing. Quoting team driver,owner,and manager JD Ackley,"we really noticed the lack of power oh, I'd say 100 yards into the first stage." Upon arivial at first service, co-driver Mark Bowers dutifully checked the oil and noted," per my caculations, we have gone approximately 12 miles on two quarts of oil." Quick reactions of the service team (JD Ackley) deducted that the car is not a diesel, nor a real life version of James Bonds' smoke screen automotive feature. Expensive mistakes decision maker (JD Ackley) daftly chose to press on, begging, borrowing, and stealing any lubricating product within reach. With extra in the crank and some junk in the trunk the team pressed on to stage two. This proved to be a good stage for the team, its first time to acheive driving the entire stage without lifting in its smoke belching, turbo whining, plug fouled- 75 horsepower awd rallycar. The comment "wow" from driver JD Ackley surely must reflect his ability to not only honk but also wave to spectators demonstrated on the stage. During the wait to begin stage three, the team was able to check the crankcase oil using the old "hey look, its Ron Norton-sike" trick and determined that the Subaru's appetite for oil was increasing at an alarming rate. $this next portion censored to protect the innocent from being blamed for adding oil in a control$ Starting stage three on cue, the long,sweeping uphill stage brought on such interesting in car dialog such as " easy right in 10; I think we crested 60!, easy right in 9.9;geez, can you believe this weather we're having? easy right in 9.8; long pause to enjoy the rare chance to bird watch while on stage, easy right in 9.7; yup, confirmied we just hit 62! easy right in 9.6..." A quick transit brings the team to stage four, its final stage. "About halfway through the stage the wailing of the turbo ceased and power was reduced further to about 50 horsepower" was said by driver JD Ackley at the service after stage four. Team fianancier fiance Coleen set out to find the facts. With team orders being handed down like Barrichello being told who wears the pants the team was ordered to put on the drinking hat and sit the rest of this one out. With a heavy heart and a cold beer JD Ackley subcumed to his ninth DNF in SCCA Clubrally. "nanny-nanny pooh-pooh" were the jeers from his peers on this night, and the team's only solace came from a comment by JD's mother,here to spectate her first rally for mothers day. "I think he did fine. Did you see how fast those other guys where going? They must be out of their mind."

Lucky Rally Racing,llc, would like to thank Coleen Nilsen for allowing the team, Mark Bowers for his superior co-driving abilities,Quattromotion for providing logistics for the event (www.quattromotion.com),the organizers of an excellent rally,the community which sponsored the event, and family, friends, and fans that without rally would not be flourishing in the US. ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts