Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Focus far down the road...
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the 35th anniversary of Sandro Munari's ride through Dickinson county, so I thought a little verse would be nice:

Listen my children, and I will tell thee
Of the midnight ride of Sandro Munari.

Twas the 31st of October in '74
when he rode through the town with his foot to the floor.

He was in danger of picking up penalties,
So he ignored all the folks and flew by the trees.

When the sheriff saw this, he said "He is toast!
I'll lock up that guy in the Lancia Stratos!"

By midway through the stage, the sheriff was two minutes late.
I guess there was no way he'd have his head upon a plate.

So the sheriff went back, to the start control,
And said to all the organizers, "Now dash away all!"

This is not the greatest poetry, but it just came to me in a couple of minutes and I thought that I would share. I would invite anyone to modify it or add verses to tell more of the story just for the sake of entertainment. There is no resentment or ill feelings--it's been a great story told many times to many people!

·
Focus far down the road...
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Google's translation:

fine of <drago>

To top it all the mishaps, Munari has also been stopped on 'highway to over-sail and held for more than 20 minutes waiting for the head of the county which has had a good lecture. After that Sandro and having to recover broken even that I fear them. I wonder if within the limits?

·
Spectator Wrangler
831 Posts
I don't think we need either Google translate or Babelfish to figure out "eccesso di velocita". English has swiped enough words from the Latin languages to make a really good guess at the translation. The Rover
2000/3500 + RHD puts this incident somewhere in Great Britain (or the Emerald Isle).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts