Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this on the Sand Blast web page:

"This will be the first time that the Sandblast ClubRally starts not according to a strict seed-based rule, so it's difficult to tell who will get the smooth firm sand and who gets the soft deep ruts..."

:-( ??

RALLY ON ///////////////////////

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, the supps say:

Seeding and Start Order
Entries will be seeded according to the most current SCCA ClubRally seed list with the number of driven wheels, horsepower and driver experience. Competitors will be re-seeded after the lunch break based on 21 competitive miles.

Supps trump all web postings.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Now Sandblast has Cell Phone Updates

I've also made an attempt at having the updates available for cell phones, and have put together special pages designed for the cell phone web.

Here is a direct link that you can use in your browser.

http://www.usrally.com/sediv/sandblast/2003/wireless/index.wml

For you cell phone, the easiest way (the least button presses) is to go to google.com, enter "sandblast". We're the #2 entry. Once selecting the site, click on "wireless" and you'll be there.

My company (Sprint PCS) lets me go to the sprintpcs website with a real computer, and add bookmarks there, so you could do that instead.

One thing I'm not sure of is the refresh... mine seems to be caching pages. I'm new to the .WML and not quite sure how to make sure this doesn't happen....

Cheers,
Anders

·
Registered
408 Posts
Geek Alert - Cache and WML

In ASP:
<%
Response.ContentType = "text/vnd.wap.wml"
Response.Expires = -1
Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "Cache-Control", "no-cache, must-revalidate"
%>

You can also program the deck to always reload and never use cache as follows:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
<wml>
<head>
<meta forua="true" http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="max-age=0"/>
</head>
<card id="alwaysexpire">

blah blah blah</p>
</card>
</wml>

EDIT - Looking at your XML doc, I think you need to do the following
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE wml (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <wml>
- <head>
- <meta forua="true" http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="max-age=0"/>
- </head>
- <card id="index" title="SandBlast Wireless" newcontext="true" ordered="true">
- <p align="center">
Sandblast now has wireless updates in development!

</p>
- <p align="left">
Available Info:

Live Updates

Car List

SB2003 Wireless Info

Google
</p>
</card>
</wml>

·
Registered
83 Posts
>Has anyone heard anything about results?

It's 6:30 p.m. on Sunday and just got home from the rally looking for the results . . . nope, still not on-line. The organizers should be complimented for their ambitious web plans, but the follow through is a little disappointing.

Enjoyed the rally and the South Carolina hospitality very much!

Later ... thanks for the results. We DO appreciate your hard work to make the rally a worthwhile event and look forward to returning another year.

Ken Hawley
Silenus Motorsports
Kalamazoo, MI
http://www.silenus.com/khawley/Silenus577_48x48.jpg

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Well, it's 7:15, and now they are. Please remember in your considering the promptness of web score posting that some of us had to return to Cooper Black to clean up this morning before heading home, and may not have arrived at our regular computers as quickly as you might have. I'm sure a good number of folks are still on the road...

Thank you for appreciating our ambitious plan. As you can see from Daphne's post above, this sort of thing has some very technical challenges to make it work.

In addition, my duties stewarding, scoring, working check-in control at Cooper Black, registration, conducting the novice seminar, and trying to help spectators at the event have to take precedent over debugging tricky live update systems. The simple fact that between 6:00 am and 8:pm I only had time to eat a couple handfuls of nuts and a snack bar can attest to how busy things were. :)

And that seemed to go very well, actually. I heard from many cometitors that the rally went (from their persective) very smoothly with very little delays, and ran on time. So we're all very happy about that. We also got boatloads of workers to come, and the rally actually spotted 14 hotel rooms for 2 days to cover them all. We had people from Texas come to work the rally!

As always, we appreciate these volunteers very much, without their help the rally doesn't even get to stage one! I'm hoping to get a list soon that I can post... :)

Cheers all, thanks for coming down to South Carolina to rally!!!!

Anders

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Not being at all negative, but it just proves, if you want any kind of 'live' results, it has to be some one (or a team) dedicated entirely to that project, nothing else at all. Not an easy task when workers are needed for sooooo many other more important tasks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anders, thank you and all the organizers and workers for putting on such a fun event!!

I was impressed with the service facility, lots of space, clean restrooms, it was awesome! Wish we could find someplace like that for Sno*Drift!!!

Perhaps next year I'll bring the Colt down instead of wrenching on Brian's car....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts