Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Why, someone just asked me today if I was going and I replied that I didn't have a ride? Hint.Hint.

Guess it depends on what your version of fun is. But being a former roadracer, you'd probably like it and do well. You do several laps around their roadracing courses and then some around a course incorporating the dragstrip with some tire chicanes (ones with time penalties that you wouldn't want to just plow over like before). Not so much a rally as a roadrace with controls after you've learned the course. The year I went there was plenty of snow on the ground and where cars had gone off and pushed snow back onto the course caused some slick spots. There is also a lot more passing involved than in a forest rally with similar distance stages. Besides being hard on tires, you'd have to buy tarmac tires so there is an added expense. (And no flat spotting them like you did at TarmacExpress). BHowever the transits are minimal and service right there so you aren't burning a lot of gas and can spectate while you are not running yourself. There was also a food vendor between the service area and track. Predominately French but enough is translated for English teams. Jean-Georges Marcotte is doing the scoring so you'll get detailed well compiled results and graphs.

Website is http://www.rallyesanair.ca/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts