Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides all the safety equipment that is already required for the Rally moto guys NASA rally sport people you should look at this http://www.leatt-brace.com/ this is something that is for Rally bike stuff and works a lot like a HANS. On Rallye De Les Pharoahs and on Dakar some of the top riders tested and looked at it giving feedback to th designers. THey make it is cool KTM colors so people should be into it. It is reasonably priced. as well. As we introduce competitors we should keep safety our number one concern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hadn't seen that device before, thanks for the link. I'm never against safety equipment but before anything like this is mandated I'd want to see the same level of testing and reserch that went into the Hans. I'm also not sure a rider can deliver the same energy into a tree that a car can, and the load path for the energy won't be nearly as neat as it is in a car.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as for motorcycles goes it has been in testing for quite some time with the help of KTM and BMW as I was told. Cyril Depres and a few other riders wore it at motorcycle rallies in the past year. This should be looked at whether it is required is not up to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts