Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was able to steal the remote for a second or two last night and found this. It was Ssafari 3000 starring David Carradine. Anyone know more about it, where can I purchase it and so forth.

Safari 3000 (1982)
Directed by
Harry Hurwitz

Writing credits
Arthur Gardner (story)
Michael Harreschou (screenplay)
 (more)
Plot Summary: Reporter J.J. wants to write a story about an Afrika rallye, 3000 km across desert and steppe. Unfortunately her driver and car get lost only days before the start, so she hires ex-stuntman Eddie and buys a wreck of a car from her last money. Eddie can help her to a new motor - by stealing it from the ruthless count Borgia, who from now on is their hardest and meanest competitor in the rallye.

Cast overview, first billed only:
David Carradine .... Eddie Mills
Stockard Channing .... J.J. Dalton
Christopher Lee .... Count Borgia
Hamilton Camp .... Feodor
Ian Yule .... Freddie Selkirk
Hugh Rouse .... Brigadier Hawthorne
Mary Ann Berold .... Victoria Hawthorne
Peter J. Elliott .... Stewart Simmons
Cocky Two Bull.... Rally Car Salesman
Ben Masinga .... Zulu Chief
James White .... Lou Reiner
Mackson Ngobeni .... Judge Urpa
Sam Williams .... Dirty Hahurry
Fanyana H. Sidumo .... Kilu
Eric Flynn .... Rally Team Interviewer

Runtime: 92 min
Language: English
Color: Color (Technicolor)
Sound Mix: Stereo
Certification: Norway:11 / USA:pG

I guess there was a rally movie afterall.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
RE:

Baboons in the road.

Actually, this movie has been on cable since 1982. It's still shown at least one a month. Get your VCR(or TIVO) ready. It'll be back. (Calling it a "Rally Movie" is a real stretch).

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
RE:

Well, it may not really be a rally movie(although there is a rally involved, sort of), but it is entertaining. I still like to watch it every now and then. It does get more air time then ProRally.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
RE:

>[Are] there any other movies with rally in them?

Yup. Jackie Chan's "Who Am I" has genuine desert rally stuff in about the first third.

Anders

·
Registered
452 Posts
RE:

>That sounds sad, yet funny. Is there any other movies with
>rally in them?

"Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies" Ok, so I can't spell and probably messed up the title, but it's an older movie about the Monte Carlo Rally.

Mark Tabor

·
Registered
44 Posts
RE:

>Anyone know more about it, where can I purchase
>it and so forth.

[link:www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059ZY2/imdb-adbox/104-1763801-6817536|Safari 3000 (Amazon.com Exclusive) (1982)]

Otis Dimiters
NC SUBARU Rally Team
www.ncrally.com

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
RE:

How about "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo"? How much better can it get than a Beetle rally car? :7

HERBIE GOES TO MONTE CARLO
OVERVIEW

VIDEO RELEASE
May 4, 2004 (DVD)

CAST & CREW
Dean Jones, Don Knotts, Roy Kinnear
Directed by Vincent McEveety

SYNOPSIS
After an international spy ring hides a priceless gem in Herbie's gas tank, the exciting race is on. To further complicate matters, Herbie falls in love with a sleek, sporty Lancia.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RE:

Anyone seen the movie Redlined aka In the Red?
Redlined (DVD)
The deadly game of underworld street racing rears it's ugly head in this action-packed film. The survivors in the turf war will only be the ones with the best rig on four wheels. The newest and the best machine is an all wheel drive, virtual rocket that everybody has eyes for. Now, the race against time begins.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/29/1072546472223.html?from=storyrhs
And I found it at Target for $5.99

·
Registered
21 Posts
RE:

If you want Safari 3000 half.com is the place to be. You can pick up an ex-rental copy for about 95 cents!

[a href="http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1956226&domain_id=1877&meta_id=3"] Click here for the half.com listing.[/a]

·
Registered
12 Posts
RE:

>Baboons in the road.
>

Gees... just when I thought I'd finally gotten that song out of my head.

"I'd rather see a rain of toads."

Karen

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
In Starsky and Hutch last night they drive around a bad azz Ford Torino. At one point in the movie they're bombing through a golf course and Owen Wilson is sitting shotgun giving Ben Stiller intructions on where to drive so he doesnt hit the bunkers and such. Kinda the same...

It was a pretty good movie too.

[a href="http://myweb.nmu.edu/~cseidel"]Die Fliegen Legion[/a] bzzzzzzzzz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts