Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from one lap site,
31 July 2002: Sad News...

Marsha Davis, wife of One Lap Rallye Master Jon Davis, succumbed recently to a long illness. Jon, as most of you know, has been a member of the One Lap family since the beginning and we're all saddened by his terrible loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Jon.

Flowers and cards can be sent to the family at:
Jon Davis
408 Portage Street
Houghton MI 49931

·
Registered
286 Posts
Doublechecking on the correct spelling before I send a card..."Marsha" or "Marcia"? Thought it was the latter...

Either way, a lady who will be missed...I can recall several pre/post LSPR get-togethers at the Library and the Davis cabin up Eagle Harbor way...she always went out of her way to make us all feel welcome...

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Marcia L. Davis
HOUGHTON - Marcia L. Davis, 65, of Houghton, died Monday, July 29, 2002, at Portage Hospital after a courageous battle against cancer.

The former Marcia Jones was born March 18, 1937 in Jackson and was a graduate of Jackson High School and Ferris Institute with a degree in pharmacy.

Marcia was employed as a pharmacist in several drug stores and hospitals in the Copper Country.
She was a very active member of the Community Arts Council and the Copper Country Chorale.
Marcia was married to John Davis on May 27, 1960 in Ionia, Mich.
Surviving are her husband; two sons, Greg of Houghton, Eric of Kalamazoo; one daughter, Lee Davis of Grand Rapids; one sister, Jennifer Ludema of Peoria, Ill.; two brothers, Doug Jones of Monroe, Wash., Curtis Jones of Maline, Ore.; and several nieces and nephews.

At the request of the deceased, three will be no public visitation.
A memorial service will be held at the Eagle Harbor Cemetery at a later date.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, the family suggests donations be made to the Copper Country Community Arts Council, 126 Quincy St., Hancock, MI 49930.

The Plowe Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the spelling, the text was copied / pasted from the one lap site.

Although I have met Jon at rallies and the one lap, I do not know Mr. and Mrs. Davis, but do know of their contributions to the sport and their community.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have had the priveledge to know Jon and Greg while at Michigan Tech (I called the Library home) and met Lee here in Grand Rapids. Unfortunately, I have never met Marcia. They are a great family of genuine people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts