Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '73 maxzda rx3 with a mazda LSD with drum brakes in the rear. i want to put a disk brake rear end with LSD in my car. i have heard that volvo stuff has been a popular swap. word is that mazda rear ends are junk so i am hesitant to swap for the rx7 parts. i don't currently know what my gear ratio is, my speedo is off so i suspect that the rear end has been swapped out. if possible i would also like to re-work the front suspension for bigger brakes and rally ground clearance. any info would be great. thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
Switching to discs in the rear certainly sounds like a good idea. I have not heard anything bad about Mazda diffs. I think there are competition LSD units available for RX3's. Talk to Mazda Competition Parts at 800-435-2508.
Dave
Car # 207

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa.). I have a Mazda rear end in my Corolla with 4 wheel discs. I run a 4.88 rear end with LSD. The car car puts out approximately 185-190bhp and I had no problems with it. It is going into my '74 Corolla for use this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts