Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..and it's AWESOME! The standard BTB Track packs include tons and tons of new great stages, including a good chunk of full stages from Rally Finland like Ouninpohja, Mokkipera, Ruuhimaki, etc. plus it's easy to rally at night and all that good stuff.

I posted a quick vid of me trying Ouninpohja in a Gr. A EVO IV

http://youtu.be/vNaId4kVugk

You can grab it all here

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=13886&sid=04506be4e5558aac299e8be6c6598fa9 Be sure to read the guide (just Google translate the pages)

Thanks,
Alex

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I looked down and saw it was short and remembered you said "trying". There was a point coming up to the tree that I was like, oh shit, here it goes, he's getting too confident, taking too many chances... It wasn't for a few more minutes though til it went bad.
I gotta get our setup running again and get this downloaded.
The league was fun.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have rsrbr2012, it's great but I have nowhere near the nice setup you seem to have Alex. Can you let me in how you got that? I am downloading now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha. I still haven't managed a clean run through the stage..some of the sections I can go off my memory of the stage and use the notes as reminders, but of course some of the corners are definitely very different than real life. Still, my biggest difficulty is just keeping it between the ditches!

I'd like to start the league up again - use a lot of the new stages and maybe set up a Championship or Public Session to run once a month or so? (that's about all I'd have time for).

John, what kind of setup are you referring to? As far as hardware is concerned, I just have the base Dell/Alienware laptop with the best video card option available for the build. It is then connected to my 42" HDTV. It works pretty well, but a few of the stages I still have some slow-down. I think it ran me about $900 last year, so not too bad. For a wheel, I have an old Logitech GT4 wheel (about 8 years old now, but still kickin) and a wheel stand pro that I can fold away and put in the closet (aka hide the sheer nerdiness).

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sorry I meant actual setting on your wheel/in game etc. seems like whatever you have is much more controllable than mine. Do you have baseline settings for your wheel like the curvature rate , max steering lock etc?

I have a Logitech g25.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok got it. I use 540 degrees of rotation out of the full 900. Then, as far as in-game settings, I make sure the steering is completely linear and all of that speed sensitive steering crap is gone. With my new installation of RSRBR 2013, I still had Saturation Speed and Maximum Fade not all the way off, and it made controlling the car at high speeds very difficult to me.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/simulations/136167-rbr-g25-logitech.html

Thanks,
Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts