Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
>Probably already been covered but here goes anyway...What
>events will be included in the North American Rally
>Championship?

Joe:

Go to the Rally America forum. There is a current discussion there.

Likely to be the RA national championship events and the CARS national championship events.

Doug Woods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
To all competitors,

NASA Rally Sport has asked CARS to include the USAC/NASA United States Rally Championship events as part of the North American Rally Cup. It is our hope to help CARS make the NARC a prestigious international championship. Unfortunately the FIA sanctioned Rally Series of North America (RSNA) has not been run since 2003.

John K. Shirley
USAC/NASA United States Rally Championship
 

·
1973 WRC POR
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
RE: NARC

John:

Your post raised some interesting questions.

Who "owns" the NARC? Who decides what events will be in the NARC?

I just assumed that since the NARC has existed for three decades with SCCA events as the American contribution to the NARC, that RA national events would logically become part of the NARC.

Perhaps not. If not, why not? Why would the United States Rally Championship events be better suited to the NARC than RA national events?

As you can appreciate, with the Sno*Drift less than two months away, the make-up of the NARC is important to some competitors who wish to compete in it, as well as to use their results in it to promote sponsors.

Doug Woods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
CARS / RA / NASA

So who's to say that the NARC can't include CARS, RA and NASA events?

As long as all agree, why not?

A true measure of co-operation, for the good of the sport!

Frank de Kat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
RE: NARC

>Who "owns" the NARC? Who decides what events will be in the
>NARC?
Doug,
The NARC is owned by CARS and thats the reason for our request.

>I just assumed that since the NARC has existed for three
>decades with SCCA events as the American contribution to the
>NARC, that RA national events would logically become part of
>the NARC.

Doug, the point is that its CARS call and we just asked to part of the NARC program.

>Perhaps not. If not, why not? Why would the United States
>Rally Championship events be better suited to the NARC than
>RA national events?

The USRC has big city events and some great international exposure and we think we can bring something to the NARC.

>As you can appreciate, with the Sno*Drift less than two
>months away, the make-up of the NARC is important to some
>competitors who wish to compete in it, as well as to use
>their results in it to promote sponsors.
>
>Doug Woods

I do appreciate the situation and hope the Noth American Rally Cup every success.

John K. Shirley
United States Rally Championship
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top