Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the loop for a little bit and was wondering what if anything has been decided on the use of notes for the 100AW rally??

Bob Wall

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Poll JB Niday at R-A. I'm the chairman and I don't even know yet! But notes are being done. It's just a question of allowing C(R)RNC invitees to use them or not.

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
I do not want to get into notes vs. route book thread.

JB's letter said You would be included in a decision to be rendered in a "couple" of days.

I think I can speak a little for my driver and totally for myself that notes are a must for us to compete. If the issue hinges on a competitive advantage for those who have never used notes, then what is to be done for the disadvantage those who have not used a route book in a few years?

I'd even be open to one day with notes for everyone and one day with a route book if it truly is an issue of competitive advantage.

Remember BSR.

Just my .02

Thanks,

Bernie

edit for grammer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kim,

My vote is for the choice between notes and the route book. I know it is a club event but given the choice I would prefer to use notes. I too have not seen a route book in two years.

Bob Wall

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have seen these roads 2 years in a row. For safety reasons this should be a notes event.I think the roads are the best in the country but they leave very little room for era.They are way too fast for route books.I also think the rally suffered last year because there were no notes (can you say Irish )just my 2$ worth

Rallymeister #96

·
Registered
436 Posts
>I have seen these roads 2 years in a row. For safety reasons
>this should be a notes event.I think the roads are the best in
>the country but they leave very little room for era.They are
>way too fast for route books.

I vote for notes. (Remember last year's wreck.)

Patrick Rodi

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm just going to be running the clubs, and going to be running book.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Three years experience with 100AW.
Will be choosing route book.
No safety concerns.

As the pros and cons of notes are a wash for me, I choose to save on the cost of the notes. If others want to pay for notes, thats fine by me as long as I am not asked to help subsidize them. As an invitee, I don't care whether I am running against people who have purchased notes.

S.Justus

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember BSR and the huge rocks over crest that was omitted from the handy route book. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

Bob Wall

Mark,
Come on and run the notes it will be good practice for Duffy.:)

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
> The question still remains will they be
>available or not? If so do we get them through SCCA or RA?

The stagenotes have been prepared. Someone must have paid for this. By limiting the number of people who can buy them to only those teams not registered in the RRNC severely reduces the chance of that person or organization recooping the investment of having them produced.

I'd like to see them offered to everyone so that stage times comparisions can be made between those entered in the RRNC and those simply entered in the rally itself. I'll be one watching the results from home.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The CRNC stage notes have been prepared and you do get them from RA.
Be patient, though, because I suspect we won't get the answer til after Sno Drift.

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Well, it's taken like forEVER, but JB's sitting in some roadisde coffee shop waiting for Steve Gingras heading for Sno*Drift and has emailed me that.....

"entrants WILL be allowed to use stage notes at 100AW... bulletin to follow..." (cut and pasted from his email)

I'm under the idea that they will be allowed as long as the contestant qualifies under R-A Buletin #7.A dated 14-Jan-2005 (on the R-A website).

THANKS J.B.!

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts