Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am signed up to co-drive for Richard Penrose at Rocky. I have a couple questions:

1. As a US license holder, I am going to have to fill out some paperwork and pay some admin fee like R-A is doing to Canadian competitors running in the US now, right? Should I take care of this ahead of time or just do this at registration? (My first aid is current; maybe I should just get a physical and renew my CARS license!)

2. Are results going to become official back up in Calgary after Leg 2? I was hoping to drive back to Seattle soon after the rally and Calgary is in the wrong direction.

It will be nice to get back up to Canada. I have missed running up there.

alan

·
Registered
510 Posts
No, you can run in Canada on an American license.

As the scorer, I can tell you that results will become final at the banquet, which is back in Calgary. If you don't want to go back to Calgary to get them, I can email you an unofficial copy of the final results the next day. Just give me your email address.

Dave

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Dave,

The supps have a section labelled "US Competitors" and the following line appears in that section:

(Note: RA and NASA licenced competitors must register with CARS
and complete the CARS event entry permit form available on the
CARS web site: www.carsrally.ca under 'downloads'. The form and annual fee of $50 cdn should be sent to CARS, but may be
relayed to CARS through the event registrar.)

That lead me to believe that I need to fill out a form and pay some money.

As far as the scoring thing, one of my jobs as co-driver is to ensure that the scores are correct and deal with inquiries, so I feel I need to hang around until the scores are final.

alan

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi Alan,

Good to see you're coming back!

Americans welcome in Canada - I believe we will have the forms at registration - and will definitely collect money :)

We will have 'unofficial' results and photo shoot at the finish ceremony at the Skyline Ranch - however 'Official' results will be posted back in Calgary.

So I guess it depends on your finishing positions etc and it's up to you!

See you next week!

Shawn
ps. Just came back from a route check on Powderface and it's in great condition - freshly graded!

Rocky Mountain Rally
http://www.rockymountainrally.com
Calgary, Alberta
May 27-28, 2005

·
Registered
42 Posts
>Shawn
>ps. Just came back from a route check on Powderface and it's
>in great condition - freshly graded!

What? not "Freshly Plowed!"

It's just not gonna be the same rally! :7 :7

·
Registered
204 Posts
Alan,

You might want to confirm not only if you have to fill out a form and pay some money ... but whether those steps make you eligible to score points as well (if that's what you're after). Maybe things have changed during the 4 months between when I purchased my RA license and when I competed at a USRC event ... but there seems to be some confusion. Maybe the confusion is just in my head! Anyway, you may want to confirm things before you compete.

- Nathalie

·
Registered
665 Posts
>Alan,
>
>You might want to confirm not only if you have to fill out a
>form and pay some money ... but whether those steps make you
>eligible to score points as well (if that's what you're
>after). Maybe things have changed during the 4 months between
>when I purchased my RA license and when I competed at a USRC
>event ... but there seems to be some confusion. Maybe the
>confusion is just in my head! Anyway, you may want to confirm
>things before you compete.
>
>- Nathalie

The April 24th posting from CARS clears it up: in order to score points in the CARS championship, you must be a member of a CARS-affiliated club and must have a CARS lic.

I'm looking forward to running against another cosworth!

Robin

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>The April 24th posting from CARS clears it up: in order to
>score points in the CARS championship, you must be a member of
>a CARS-affiliated club and must have a CARS lic.

This part is nothing new.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Nathalie. I don't think that I will be running enough Canadian events this year that points will be a concern.

I had a CARS National license in 2003, but I let it lapse in 2004 when my plans for running events that year fell apart and I ended up running just one Regional with Gord. I am still a member of WCRA and my first aid certificate is still valid. So, I am thinking about getting the medical exam and just getting a CARS license again. Just so I can have three licenses to fumble with at event registration!

alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts