1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
Hoo baby, NICE looking roads! Beaver Road in particular.

One question, tho...izzat SNOW in the woods and falling from the sky? Did we maybe make a big boo-boo by not packing the Hakkas in the service vehicle that just went on the train headed West??!!

Cheers,

Dave G
Co-Pilote and Chief Bear Distraction Officer
"No problem, Mr Ranger, we're safe in a cage"
Last Ditch Racing
Maine

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Dave,
The white powdery substance is neither Cocaine nor Anthrax ...
That said, leaving the Hakkas behind isn't a HUGE problem ... but the event is unpredictable. from 2002 when the area of the rally got 3 feet of snow 3 days before the event:
http://www.morisoncom.com/rmr/Stage7/images/S7Komorowski1.jpg

but in fairness there shouldn't be snow this year. I am not preparing winter tires ... all of mine are studded and wouldn't be allowed.

you do have enough time to ground ship them here if you think you must. Contact me directly and I can get you a shipping address.

·
Registered
42 Posts
>? Did we maybe make a big boo-boo by not packing the
>Hakkas in the service vehicle that just went on the train
>headed West??!!

YES!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Was it 02' when we had the HUGE snow storm before rally.

Grooved Hakka's
Non-grooved Hakka's
C5's
WR26's....

Yeah, it can snow in Calgary. :)

Brian

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not that much really, just a couple of inches, and that's all melted now. Don't worry about today, worry about the day before the rally. The long range forecasts that we get here are ever very accurate. Let's hope for weathr like last year.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
teh reality is that even tree days before the event doesn't matter. in 02 the area was looking great for a warm gravel event, and then DUMP - 3 feet of snow.
at this point the long range forcasts are showing warm temps and rain on teh weekend ... but it could change drastically

1 - 11 of 11 Posts