Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Open AWD Extraordinaire!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Rocky have live/semi-live updates at all? I see that Jean-George isn't doing it w/ Rallyscoring, but are there any other mechanisms in use up there in the great white north?

I need to keep abreast of what my fellas are doin in the woods up there!

Thanks,

·
Registered
328 Posts
There should be live updates directly from the stages.

We intend to debut a new system with a live dashboard that shows every stage that is running; stage winner(s), recent finishers and all teams that are running on the stage.

For Rocky there will be 2 live leaderboards (one for the national and one for the regional).

This is all completely new and dependent on a new reporting protocol that has not been tested (yet). There is only a single 56k dialup connection from service to the Internet which will only just be fast enough for 2 stages to be live at the same time.

If we get the times as planned. You should see each car start and finish every stage within a minute of them actually finishing.

Very ambitious over dialup and if it interferes with the live scoring at the event site, we will drop the updates.

Here's an early sample from testing...

You can also email us at [email protected] during the event. Again, no promises that we'll have time to address your issues.

If I stay at the hotel on Friday night instead of watching the first 2 spectator stages, you will have live results. If I go watch, you'll just have to wait until after the stages have run.

Fingers crossed :9

·
Registered
328 Posts
Obviously, that sample is using stage times/results from Cochrane earlier this year. Don't be confused just because you see a lot of the teams listed that are also going to be out at Rocky.

The software is the Dyfi Forest Rally Scoring System. Post all the trivia you can find to try and identify why it's called that (not you Brian, cos I already told you).

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Peter:

Where do we go to find these results? I do not see a results section on the Rocky website.

Good luck with the scoring.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
328 Posts
>Peter:
>
>Where do we go to find these results? I do not see a
>results section on the Rocky website.
>
>Good luck with the scoring.
>
>Doug Woods

Hi Doug,

The Results link will be activated later today and before the rally starts. At the moment we are testing some of the file transfers from rally HQ to be ready for tonight and don't want anyone to think the rally has started early.

Unfortunately, the radio people had decided not to use the new protocol and will stay with their previous way of doing things. This is very disappointing as we were ready to bring you every car, on every stage, as it happened. No one is more disappointed than me.

We should be able to bring you up to date commentary and we'll be trying very hard to get times from the controls as quickly as we can.

Look to Mountain Trials on June 19th for the debut of live stage results.

-----
Peter

·
Registered
26 Posts
RE: Friday night stages live

Awesome... Keep it coming.... Stage 1 being posted....

I guess SS1 is in town SS..... since top 4 did it in 38-42 seconds.

Robin

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
RE: SS 1 &2

The motocross park is a couple blocks from the host hotel and is on the edge of the top of a hill. There are good elevation changes and enough of a straight possible to make a good show, also good viewing areas.
The stages tomorrow are a pretty good transit away from Calgary (SW I believe) but not too far from Saturday's single service.
The views are amazing and the roads have a little of everything.
rz

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Rollovers

Gee, looks like a lot of rolls overs early in the rally. Gord, Levac, McGeer and the Pontiac Acadian.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Just before the start of the rally, ACP had to do a transmission swap - replacing the dog box with a standard RS box.

Doug Woods

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Gord has a way to go but is steadily closing in but can't do it alone.
ACP has stepped it up and could take 2nd.
Janusz did something bad on 10.
Patr has taken every stage.
Any other battles that you are watching?
rz

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>Gord has a way to go but is steadily closing in but can't do
>it alone.

Doh! His road penalty of one minute for 6 minutes late out of service cost him the tie for first in class. Bummer.

What happened to Nichols?

·
Registered
409 Posts
There are quite a few other penalties showing, I wonder who else had car issues?

I'm sure there will be more than a few stories coming out. Frederic Labrie say's that Mathieu L'Estage had transmission and turbo troubles on the last two stages.

Bill

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Sprongls - I heard they list a clutch while dyno testing ... they withdrew before the start.

McGeer's off was on fairly fast left hander with an exposure on the right, and it came up quickly after a crest ... 1st event on a new car, it was a real disappointment to see Tom and Howard at the side of the road -it would have been a great battle with Pat I think.
At least two other cars went off there, one (McGeer's old Legacy, oddly enough) didn't roll and managed to continue, but the Smith/McEwing Beetle rolled out of the event there as well.

The roads were awesome,the competition was great, a HUGE THANKS to avery marshall that came out to help us put on the event, and thanks to all the competitors that travelled to get here!

So, that's 5 for 5 for Pat this year! WoooHooo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts