Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- OLN has daily shows. www.tvracer.com
- Good coverage, nice sceenery and interesting stories about all classes.

- Robby Gordon did well and got good press in Europe for his cuts, skills and toughness. Inside news: www.robbygordon.com

- L.A. Times reports that next year Robby, Ryan Arciero and third member will built an all American Dakar truck/car and go for overall win.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dakar

Thanks for the compliments on the Dakar shows. I was the post-production co-ordinator here in LA. The show was edited by 2 guys who worked non-stop for 3 weeks and written by 1 woman. Thanks goes to Tony Latham in Vancouver for some rally facts he gave me. Hopefully we'll get to do it again next year and have more coverage. If anyone wants to see the show it will be on all day tomorrow on OLN.

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
RE: Dakar

>Thanks for the compliments on the Dakar shows. I was the
>post-production co-ordinator here in LA. The show was edited
>by 2 guys who worked non-stop for 3 weeks and written by 1
>woman. Thanks goes to Tony Latham in Vancouver for some
>rally facts he gave me. Hopefully we'll get to do it again
>next year and have more coverage. If anyone wants to see the
>show it will be on all day tomorrow on OLN.
>
>Thanks,
>Kyle

Kyle,

I enjoyed the coverage. Caught the all-day format. I enjoyed the fact that I could catch the whole thing in one day. Just wished the announcer (Jimmy?) would have stopped calling it the "Dakar World Rally". Technically, it is not a World Rally event (WRC). The more popular, and possibly official, name is "Dakar Rally Raid". Other than that, I thought the coverage was very good.

The scenic and racing action was top notch. Even the tragic losses of two of the riders was handled in a tasteful manner. I agree, hopefully you will be back again next year. I would also like to see a different color commentator (other than Jerry), but I'm still able to change channels with the remote.

Can you tell us if OLN has plans to broadcast other similar events (rallies, raids, etc.)?

Nice work - best of luck in the future.

Scott
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"
www.teamharco.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
RE: Dakar

for what its worth- the Dakar is a rally raid and not a world rally.
there is a whole series of the real off road events.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts