Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
If you want to see why motorsport has a bad reputation, pick up June's edition of VANITY FAIR...dynamite picture of Angelina Jolie on the cover. You may have to get wife or girlfriend to get mag for you. Article on page 178 called Road Trip! "...With the seventh annual Gumball 3000 about to depart London, V.F. has the scoop from the 2004 event, a six-day, two continent cannonball run of 192 supercars and jalopies." I've seen an article (in Calgary Herald) on Gumball planned for Canada this summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
>jalopies." I've seen an article (in Calgary Herald) on
>Gumball planned for Canada this summer.

I don't think Gumball3000 is coming to Canada.

Ultimate Rally had Canada as one potential venue, and got some press earlier. I suspect that's what you read because the articles compared UR to Gumball3000. However, UR is no longer "underground" - it says it is a sanctioned event now, and Canada is no longer a potential venue - I'm guessing South America will be the location.

Cannonball Run Canada is happening September 18-24, 2005. It will be interesting to see how much mainstream press coverage Cannonball Run Canada will get versus Targa Newfoundland.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts