>
>
>Check the penalties :eek:
> ... seems like lots of people have been out "cone hunting"
>;-)
>
>
> .. even with 30 seconds (?) of penalty time,
>Seamus is showin' everybody how it's done !
>
>
>
>Stage 3 (of 5) was canceled, and they have all finished SS4,5
>...
>
>
>
>

·
Registered
356 Posts
unfortunately I'm stuck in Hong Kong right now, and thus unable to attend this event that I was very much looking forward to working at... can somebody shed some light on whats going on over there? There are only 2 stages shown on the live scoring, and what happened to Anton/Durant? They seem to have dissapeared after the first stage?

Otis seems to be duing pretty darn good, I just hope his pistons stay in solid phase. Kuhner seems to be doing pretty good, too (for his first rally as a driver rather than a mechanic)!

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts

·
Expatriate of the East Coast
845 Posts
I don't want to stir up shit, but curiosity is getting the better of me: What was up with the 'protest' I overheard some marshals talking about during the final two stages?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I am sorry but getting penalized in Rally for hitting cones is a joke.
If you are going to make a shikane make it like they did at 100AW, you hit it you penalize your self and your car.

Good work Seamus!!

-gp

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Cosgrove: 20 M Late at TC 7B (after morning Service D)
Burmeister: 27 M Late at TC 12 (after the mid-day Service F)
Arango: 10 M Late at TC 14A (after SS 14)

Wow, what happened there??!!?? There must be an interesting stories...

Cheers,
Anders

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
>Burmeister: 27 M Late at TC 12 (after the mid-day Service F)

We had some axle rebuilding fun at a service after a boot ripped. Still learning all the ins and outs of this car.

Our stage times earned us 11th OA and were more than 4 min. faster than any other 2wd car, so it was a great prove out for the Mazda3 and I'm happy to get a good 2nd 2wd finish.

Congrats to Mark Lawrence. He makes that Golf go mighty fast for a 1.8L 8V car.

Incredible rally. I am intrigued. I spent last weekend at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan testing and setting up the car for pavement. After we did recce, I realized how ROUGH this event is...not your "typical" tarmac event.

Dave did awesome with pacenoting and codriving and the crew were great. Whiteman and Paulin replaced their Dodge jackets with Mazda swag to help me and Brian, Bobi, and Pop all worked very hard all weekend.

I was sick as a dog most of the week and weekend...the crew had to do everything. Thanks guys. BTW...Ivan...you need more porta potties at the service areas. :)

I fully intend to do more tarmac rallies till I figure this stuff out. Thanks Ivan and the rest of the RNY crew. We had a great time.

Lurch

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Wow, Tom by 3 seconds over Seamus!? :) Can't wait to hear some of the stories from the event!

Congrats to Dave Anton on what looks to be a great drive! Also congrats to Emilio Arce as he's another quick guy you're sure to see more of in the future!

From the look of the penalties, there must have been a disturbance in the force that affected the rally computers and watches? Some people got more penalties than stage times! ;-)

I do have one story that I'm sure will elaborated on later. Dave Getchell and Duncan Matlack, from the LDR crew were car OO, course opening in Dave's WRX wagon. He worked on the damn thing to get it ready for the two weeks prior to the event. Power steering pump was acting up the day prior to the event and he seached high and low for a replacement. Found one and attempted the install and it wasn't quite right.

After all that, they go down and loose the engine on SS8! :-( Dave is on his way back down to NY with his truck and trailer after coming back to Maine in a rental car last night.

He also told me that an EVO ended up in a beaver pond backwards? Do tell!

John

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
> So the chicane penalties wern't counted?
> What good were they?
> Change the rules in the middle of the game, eh!
> Sounds fair to me?

I hope this is a joke ..... x(

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.