Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a little early but I only see one spectating area listed on the web site for rim. Say it aint so!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Garrett,

I'm happy to say, It just ain't so! There is the opportunity to watch cars on six of the sixteen stages.

Four of these opportunities are from the ease and connivence of a beautiful grandstand at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds with refreshments and restrooms only a short walk away. We've gone to great expense and effort to make the super special stage even bigger and better than last year. In between runnings of the super special stage, you can watch or participate in a top notch autocross, eat, watch a drifting exhibition, eat more, browse the exhibits and import auto show, and if you're still hungry, eat some more.

You can also view a mountain side stage from one location on Saturday morning at the Hungry Valley Spectator Area. This offers easy parking and only a short walk to a beautiful hillside viewing area with a great long distance view of the stage. Because of they way we designed the stage and schedule the action will be almost non-stop for three hours, with all the cars passing the area twice. The California wild flowers and poppies are also in bloom as an added bonus.

Despite the difficulties and challenges we've faced in light of the horrendous damage to the forest roads from record winter rains, we've put together some great viewing opportunities. Although there are fewer locations than last year, there is only one fewer passes by spectator areas. We've done our best under the circumstances. Hope you'll make it out.

Ray Hocker
Event Chairman

·
Registered
42 Posts
>I'm happy to say, It just ain't so! There is the opportunity
>to watch cars on six of the sixteen stages.

While we appreciate the huge amount of effort you all put into rally watching superspecial stages from a grandstand just isn't the same. It sounds like there is really only one true rally spectator stage - is this due to a limited number of volunteers or just how Rim will run from now on?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I didnt notice that. Perhaps it has something to do with the access roads being washed out so badly by that last huge storm?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Rim has over 300 volunteers and no shortage of great people willing to come out and help. The problem this year is all about access to the roads due to road damage. I tried to make that clear in my posting above.

As for the future, we'll have to wait and see what the weather gods have in store for us next year. What makes Rim roads great from a competitor or organizer stand point (mountain roads with limited access) make it a nightmare for spectator access and control. Throw in the loss of spectator access roads due to 10' deep washouts and you've got a real challenge.

Ray Hocker
Chairman, Rim of the World Rally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.