Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Paul - thanks for the great instructions on Saturday night on how to find the spectator areas !

I asked Paul which way to go expecting an answer like SS14 that way SS15 over there - what I got was -

"Well if you want to see cars blasting off go that way - if you want to seem then jumping and catching air and s**t go that way"

Thanks for giving directions in a language that us rally nuts can understand !

LOL

Off to see the yumping we went :+

·
Sucker for good roads
717 Posts
Friday's LA Times Sports section had a nice blurb about the rally in a motorsports article. The Rally section was separated from the rest of the column by the word "Rally" in bold on its own line.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Even the British rally sites covered the event. (Thanks in
part to a Higgins win.) So why didn't Speed News on Sunday
mention it?

Patrick

G

·
Sort of begs the next question then, doesn't it?

How come we don't provide them with a video?

>>So why didn't Speed News on Sunday mention it?
>
>Because SCCA doesn't provide them with video.

---------------------------------------
John Dillon John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
803 Posts
to supply the video you need to have a satellite uplink truck at the rallies uploading the feed so anyone in the world can put it on today's news. You could do it in other, abnormal (the the industry) wyas, but that is the proper way.

TV2G0 brings their truck to the canadian events (usually) so you can have same-day tv coverage. To anyone, who wants to pull it up (as opposed to probably restricting it as some people might do). More coverage == better exposure for the sponsors, etc. We've arrived at the hotel to see the cars on TSN/RDS (national sports news) the same night. The same setup was how they brought real-time in-car on the net at Quebec this year and Tall Pines last year. It isn't SCCA, it is the producer, the producer's budget (provided by SCCA), and the producer's equipment. The will of the series to do this exensive operation would have to be predicated by a series sponsor. We put the Satellite uplink information in our press releases, and it has been used before.

-Pat

·
Registered
436 Posts
So, no video could be beamed in the 15 hours between the finish
on Saturday night and the first broadcast of the news program on
Sunday afternoon? We're not talking live coverage; why is
this so difficult?

Patrick

·
Registered
229 Posts
In case anyone is interested, I've posted one of my Motoracing articles on my website: http://vrpaddock.m4driving.sm. Comments are welcome. It's not huge news, but I do get about 10,000 hits per month, so it'll at least spread the word to a few new people.

-Andy

Forgot to mention, this article and a race report on Rim should be in the June 2002 edition of Motoracing magazine, so check it out. They don't normally cover rallying so it'll be cool to see if it gets anyone interested.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is that the way most rallyists feel? If so.. I won't bother to write that last article about Rim. I was under the impression that most people here wanted as much coverage as possible. Am I totally backwards?

G

·
>Is that the way most rallyists feel? If so.. I won't bother
>to write that last article about Rim.

Please, PLEASE write the article about Rim. Motoracing is a cool magazine, but it focuses on roundy-round and road racing. It would be grand to expose our sport to some of the other fans and racers.

John
---------------------------------------
John Dillon John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts